Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Bird

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 2:36

It has been in the triple digits for the past week, 108F today, so I'm back hiding under my welding shade in the afternoons.

This flightless bird is the AZ equivalent of the St. Bernard. When he see's you melting in the sun with a blank look on your face and your tongue hanging out he runs to the garage and get's a cold water from the refrigerator and runs it out to you. Then he gives it a blast of CO2 to get it frosty cold.
If that fails he makes a mean vodka and tonic in a chilled glass.
Red Bird photo RedBird2_zpsad2547cb.jpg

Red Bird photo RedBird1_zpsfa3102a3.jpg

Made from 55 year old fire extinguisher, transmission gears and saw blade.

This post was edited by tinfoilhat on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 14:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Bird

I love him! How do you just look at a pile of hardware and see a bird? What vision you have!

I really need to learn welding!

o

So cool!!! Too cute

o

that is so creative!

o

I've been wondering where you were! I should have known that the creative gears were turning. LOVE the new addition! He looks like he's about to take off at any moment...maybe to mix up that drink. Very cool use of an old fire extinguisher too! His colors are perfect and I really like his stance. Another winner!

o

Cheers!! That Red Bird made my day :)

o

haha! LOVE it!

o

That's a work of art!

o

Great new bird!!!!

o

Fantastic! I love your creativity.

o

I just LOVE recycled art!!! Love his stance and his sprocket eyes!!

o

Wow, the things you make always have such personality. It's just like you said, like he's waiting there to serve you "May I chill your glass?" Whooosh!
It's been hot here too and that sounds great.
(Chili rellenos last time and frosty vodka and tonic this time, I don't know what to say)
Love his color a true hot weather bird.

o

Glad the heat wave hasn't chilled your creativity! He's so cute & looks like a happy bird!! Jan

o

Very pretty, thank you for sharing.
Caelian

o

wow...I love the way you put things together to make it look so real...great job. I wish I could weld....

o

he is adorable!!! great work of art as usual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here