Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Blue Glass Paperweight in a Cobalt Blue Bird Bath

kirkus
15 years ago

Hi everyone! This isn't all that creative but is a fun, simple addition to our gardens.

I bought a blue, glass, handmade, bubble paperweight from Shopgoodwill.com. I saved on shipping by picking it up in Spokane since we had other errands to do there. The Shopgoodwill lady was soooo nice and excited to hear what I was going to do with the paperweight! (Maybe I made a Garden Junk convert out of her! LOL)

I placed the paperweight in the cobalt blue birdbath my fourth grade students bought me a few years back. I used aqauarium glue to glue it down. It worked! The blue of the glass looks so neat with the cobalt blue of the birdbath. You can't see it in the pictures but there is a small butterfly etched in the paperweight. The paperweight is so sparkly in the sun. Enjoy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:146399}}

{{gwi:146400}}

Comments (22)

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

W O W ! ! ! ~~~ That makes me wanna jump in & take
    a little birdie bath ! ! ! It is just sooooo coooool
    it L@@KS WONDERFUL !!!
    GRRRREAT Job.... and thanks so much for sharing
    the cooooooool pics...
    Tell the whole family "Howdy!"
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    your garden junk buddy !

• rottyinbluejeans
    15 years ago

That is sooooooooo pretty Kirk!!! Maybe if you get tired of it ..you can send it to Canada!!! .......He He He :O)
    Love ~~Rotty~~

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Ohhh!! It's a perfect match!!! I can't believe all the good stuff you find on that site! Thanks for sharing. Wondered where you had been.

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Oh...Kirk...I absolutely love it!! You have so many neat things in your beautiful yard!

My very most favorite color too!!

~Sandy~

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I can just imagine it full of cardinals!

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Ahhhhh, that looks so inviting! Fernie's right...that would be awesome with a group of cardinals on it!

Be Safe, Rach

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

HUBBA HUBBA!!!!

• wvgardenartist
    15 years ago

What lucky birds to have a gorgeous bath like that. Great job!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Your students are the greatest at giving you special gifts, and you find things at shopgoodwill.com that I never even see!! You must go to some secret category I haven't found. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

Beautiful Kirk. Wondered where you were...you were shopping. June

• caroleena
    15 years ago

this is gorgeous!

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Magnificient!!
    And in Blue!!

• rochelle_2006
    15 years ago

That is just stunning,blue with the green it could not be more perfrct. I have never seen a bird bath that color before!
    Rochelle

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Wow, exceptionally beautiful. I love it.

Sal

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

That is beautiful!!!!! The little birdie sitting on the side is really a cute addition too!!!!!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Love it, Kirk! A perfect touch to your wonderful birdbath...your 4th graders have good taste! I've been coveting one of those birdbath's for some time now! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Gosh, talk about luck! What a magnificent find for your birdbath. It looks like it belongs there! I'm with Karen, I want to know what secret category you shop at shopgoodwill.com.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Kirk, you couldn't have matched that color any better! What a great eye you have! I have admired your garden and "Garden Art" for some time now. Everything you do is top-notch! That will be one cool pic with a bird perched on top. Another wonderful creation by Kirk! thx for sharing! blessings-sherri

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Made my day! You ALL inspire me so much to think "beyond the box". Before I joined the forum, I would have never thought to place a paperweight in my garden. You keep my creative juices flowing. Thank you for inspiring me!

I "haunt" shopgoodwill, but Carol has banned me from it for awhile! LOL My last purchase before the ban (LOL) was a wood squirrel holding a brass nut. Can't wait to get it! Should look cool on our country porch. Karen and Luna, I love the Miscellaneous, Home Decor, Collectibles, Figurines, and Glass categories. It's amazing what you can find there but some things are pricey with shipping so I try to be careful. :o)

Thanks again, everyone! It's so nice that summer vacation is finally here, and I can spend time in the gardens! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Super gorgeous!

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

wow, my favorite color. Where did you find that cute little birdie?

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, This spring my wife Carol and I were spending a Saturday afternoon in a town north of us, checking out all of the little shops. We wandered into a Hallmark shop, and I found the little bird in the clearance room for $1.50. It's cast iron. Looks neat on the bird bath. At first, our cat kept jumping at it but finally realized it wasn't real! LOL Thank goodness I glued the bird to the bird bath or the cat would've carried it away! LOL! Bear Hugs! Kirk