Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Cast Iron Pigs and Such

kirkus
12 years ago

Hi Everyone! I've shared my cast iron sheep before that I found at my favorite thrift store. Had to share my cast iron pigs. The pigs and sheep sit on my potting bench. The spotted pig came from a very special, sweet, Garden Junk, junking friend, Soxxxx. The other pigs I found at the thrift store. They know my name there and call me when they get new iron pieces! :o) I love the flying pig! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:146427}}

{{gwi:146428}}

{{gwi:146430}}

{{gwi:146432}}

Comments (14)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I want them all!! Great collection! TFS Jan

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Your pigs and sheep are great! I like them.

Marylee

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

Look great on your bench.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

looks super!
    Kathy

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

You are getting quite a collection, I lov'em all.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

What a great collection.....love them all

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, if you ever tire of sheep or pigs, I know this person in VA who would be happy to take them off of your hands! I'm telling you, my suitcase is going to be so heavy, maybe John and I should just bring a Uhaul with us! Hahaha!

Love your sheep and your pigs! You are so lucky having a thrift store that keeps an eye out for you!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

DITTO on the great collection of iron critters. Its so neat to have that thrift store and know the owner well, you get such treasures there!

(Marlene, can I hide in the Uhaul and come with you. Poor Kirk's yard might get stripped bare tho if we both show up in a truck. Tho we might be entertaining in some catfights over his things)

hugs, Karen

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Kirk this is such a neat addition to your pigs! I have the one with the wings in a brown iron. I bought it for my husband when he told me I could start another flower bed when pigs fly.....haha. When our son was born we threw it in the closet somewhere and he's been hiding ever since. If I find him, you're welcome to him if you'd like. :)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I better hide my treasures from Marlene and Karen though...I'll be watching if a U-Haul drives up!!! LOL

Kylslil1, Ohhhhhhhh..........I would LOVE the pig!!!! I would pay for shipping and whatever else. :o) You are too kind! I never thought I would start a pig collection...but now I'm addicted. saw a really fat iron one today at our little town thrift store...had to think about it...but I'm going back to get it! Thanks for thinking of me!

I love this forum! Everyone is soo nice! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Alright Kirk, I raided the closet till I found this little guy.:):) I put him out to take a picture and my one year old decided to try and be sweet and pick him up and bring him to me....and almost dropped Mr. Pig on his foot! Ooops....so I am very glad he is getting a new home. ha. I don't know how everybody does the address thingie on this forum, but my email is ernie143u@hotmail.com. If you send me your address, he can make a happy new home with you. :)

{{gwi:146433}}

• kirkus
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That pig is sweeeet! You are the bestest! :o) I e-mailed you! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kirk and kylslil...this is just one of the reasons I love this forum. Caring people, willing to share not only ideas but things as gifts too.
    That iron flying pig is wonderful. I found one last year as a gift for a friend here who collects flying pigs. It sure was hard to part with it tho, LOL. I think garden pigs must be addictive, Kirk. I had heard everyone should have A garden pig, for good luck. But they are so darn cute, how do you stop at just one?

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Kirk...those are great pigs for your potting bench! I just love cast iron GJ ... cause it rusts or can be painted...whatever! Your pigs look very CUTE for your gardens! What fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner