Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big Bird

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 3:43

This is Sgt. Sandy, she's 63" tall and eats 4' long grasshoppers for lunch.
Yard Art,Welded Art,Recycled Art,Garden Junk,Found Art

Yellow Bird Head Detail
Made from helium tank, bicycle forks, rebar, pitchfork, exhaust pipe, garden shears, nuts, ball bearings, cotton picker and cotton gin parts, packing straps and ATV muffler

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big Bird

Sandy is pretty darn cute...and HUGE.

I just saw Marlene's 4 ft grasshopper, LOL.
If you guys lived near each other, Heaven knows what would go on.

As for Sandy, considering her size, I figure she will eat anything she darn pleases.
hugs, Karen

o

Wow she is amazing!
what a traffic stopper!And yeah I be she eats whatevershe wants.
Kathy

o

Our poor little grasshopper is shaking in his shoes! LOVE Sandy....had to laugh at your comment. My DH said to tell you that it's "on!"

o

Oh, my gosh! You ladies have gone prehistoric. Are dinosaurs next? LOL
Marylee

o

I love big GJ and boy is she big. The paint job is fantastical! I wish I had room for something like that.
Frou

o

Sandy is out-of-this-world CUTE. Yippee I see lots more cool designs coming since the stage has been set for some friendly competition.

o

Sgt. Sandy is way to cool! Where are you finding these? I'd love to have one!!

o

Lol. Guess someone needs to build an eight ft grasshopper now. Rofl That's one cool bird!

o

Wowzer that is adorable !! Is that a blue buddy behind him?? You and Marlene need to get together just to have fun out thinking parts to put together :)

o

Don't imagine there will be too many copying this "big bird" Cotton gins & pickers aren't that plentiful! Love the fancy paint job. Looks like he would keep big critters away from your yard & pond. Think he needs a "son" or maybe a lady friend. You probably saw where the police shot the concrete gator the other day!! Bullets would probably bounce off Sandy!! Nice job! Jan

o

I love it. I need to paint my old rusty bird to give it some bling.

o

Would Sgt Sandy like to have travelling orders to be stationed in my yard??? I'd be more than happy to add her to our outfit.

Really amazing. I wish I was half as creative as that.

o

As Big Bird says, Super! Duper! Flooper!

Great recycling! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here