Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Yard sailing. Its a sickness

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

I got tired gardening on Saturday and went out late morning to see if there were any yardsales nearby. 11:30 is close to the end for many yard sellers who tend to end at noon because if they start at 8 the early birds arrive at 7. So I wasn't really expecting any thing. Sooo I went to 3 sales and spent $12.

{{gwi:146655}}

The framed prints are for dd. I love the bottles. And the big heavy platters for totem bases. And the red glass. And the little plates: will they stay whole for flowers or be broken up for mosaic?

{{gwi:146657}}

This last thing, a seat with a hinged cover full of knitting needles is behind the car so dh won't see it. I snuck it into the house through the front door and straight up to the upstairs front porch where he will think its been there forever. I'm really not sure why I bought it for $3, but a friend of mine who is teaching a knitting workshop came by and I gave her some needles because she has to plan on some of them "disappearing".

{{gwi:146659}}

I gotta start making things! But I've got so much gardening to do here at home and also for my garden club. In a week or 2...

So much fum for $12.

Kathy

Comments (15)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Kathy, you got some really neat things at your yard sales. I like the little hinged stool with the knitting needles. Thank you for sharing.
    Marylee

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Nice finds! Those flowered plates are really pretty.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    12 years ago

Nice haul!
    That cool storage bench looks like it originally went w/ a sewing machine cabinet.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

I hear ya, Kathy! I went to get my haircut on Saturday and while waiting for my DH to clean up from working in the garage, I checked out rummage sales in the neighborhood. Being crippled really limits me ... I can't go up stairs or walk any great distance ... so I found one that I could check out. All I bought was a orange & cobalt blue glass fish for a totem topper. I have an orange vase and some cobalt blue pieces that would all work great together. Since it was so hot in the afternoon, we went to a thrift store. I got a few more things there. Yep, it's a sickness!

I love your pretty plates and your red goblets. Those old bottles are wonderful too. I even like the Van Gogh prints for your DD. The stool is a great find too. It might be a sickness but it's a fun one too! lol

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

You got some good deals there! LOVE the red glassware and plates...they make great totems or plate flowers! And all of your little plates/saucers are so pretty! Great find on the bench....looks like a great ottoman to me.

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

That's $12 worth of treasures !!!! I LOVE the seat/storage piece. You can NEVER have ENOUGH storage space !!!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

the little storage bench is similar to the one that came with my sewing machine over 40 years ago. It is a bit larger than my other. I'm going to give it a makeover, cuz they are handy!

Luna, it sounds like you found some wonderful pieces.

Kathy

• nonacook
    12 years ago

I cannot resist stopping at yard sales!
    I tell myself that I don't need another thing
    but I stop anyway!
    I try to justify the buys, by saying that I dont drink, smoke or go to movies.....It's my only vice-LOL
    Then I go look in my storage buildings--
    So I hoard!!!!! Is that so bad???? Grin
    I love the things you bought!

• Kathryn Botard
    12 years ago

My hubby would be right there beside me, but he would have woken me up to get there early. He found some real silverware at an estate auction and only paid $85.00 for a 32 piece set. One of the same pattern (42 piece) just sold on ebay for 1,450.00. I look for junk to put in the yard, lol.

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Great finds. I love the ruby red collections.. Saucers are almost too pretty for mosaics.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

WOW...what a haul, you really got some bargains.Yep....I think it is a sicknes....and I'm REALLY ill!! It seems like such a waste of time NOT to stop. I swear I think garage sales signs are made with super big magnets that just sucks me in.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

Good Haul Kathy!! I am suffering with rye neck? and am in agony, am off work and too gimped up to even drive much so missed GS around here. Can't garden/make garden junk...arg! Poor me! lol! So thanks for shopping and showing!heh heh!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Great haul! I can see when DH pulls up the bench & says, "Honey, why haven't I ever used this foot rest before?" You'll look & say, "that old thing,been around since forever"(just at somebody else's house)LOL Jan

• Dort
    12 years ago

I would love to find some red glassware like that! So beautiful! Nice finds! I, too, can't resist stopping at sales but my sweetie is a junk-aholic too. It's an inexpensive date! =)

BTW... can I ask what does DH stand for? (thinking dear husband...? )

• gardencraze
    12 years ago

What a great haul!!! Those red goblets are Avon and are worth about $12 to $15 bucks a each.
    Can't wait to see what you are goin to do with them.

Happy junkin
    Carmen