Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giggles1_gw

Lowe's clearance find

giggles1
13 years ago

We stopped @ our Lowe's last night & the big 28" metal pans that you put under your water heater to catch drips/spills were clearanced for $2.00! Reg $21.00!!! They look like giant cake pans w/ a drain spout on the side.

*remember, these are to retain water & don't rust!

These would work great for a mini pond in your garden, or SO MANY other things! Use as is or cut them up - I'd thought of cutting off the sides & making giant mushroom caps. I place mine on tree stumps. You can't buy sheets this cheap!

Sadly, my son put a claim to all 6 we bought for his greenhouse... for starting plants or as a base for potted ones. The drain spout was perfect for him.

YMMV, not sure all the Lowe's will have these clearanced, hope you can find some, the price is perfect!

Here it is on the Lowe's website - you may be able to check your store stock, or atleast give your store a call and have all the info:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_317905-11713-QP-28_0?productId=3126917&Ntt=water heater pan&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0_s?newSearch=true$Ntt=water heater pan

Comments (5)

• giggles1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sure, I hit "submit" and THEN remembered, I wanted to say these would be great for nice big stepping stones! Rather than the small 1ft ones you have to place one foot in front of another like a sobriety test, you can do some heavy drinking & still be able to find a 28" path! lol

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Thanks for the hint. There's a Lowes in my Mom's home town where I'll be going today or tomorrow. (Friday was dh and my 21st anniversary, and Monday is Mom's 82nd b-day so this is a celebrating time for us!) A drip pan - what an awesome anniversary gift! ha!
    Kathy

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

I checked my Lowe's and darn it they didn't have any of these metal pans on clearance. Rats!
    I did find a fun little castle for $5. I'm going to cut out some of the windows and rig up a solar light in it.
    If you use the metal pans for casting stepping stones from concrete keep in mind it can be a real pain, literally and figuratively, to unmold from a metal form! I use the plastic drain pans for casting my faux millstones, much easier to use.
    Remember to drill a little hole air hole in your improvised molds. It breaks the vacuum and makes unmolding your concrete creation much easier.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Or put the pan in a garbage bag then puor the concrete in, then it won't be sticking to the metal, what a score on those pans! I'm thinking birdbath....

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

What a deal,they normally sell for 21.00.May have to go check out Lowes.
    Kathi

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz