Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giggles1_gw

1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish... from COCONUTS!

giggles1
12 years ago

Last night we went out to eat at the Nauti Turtle in Fort Myers. They have a gift shop w/ T-shirts, hats, etc, BUT ALSO local artist stuff.

I really liked these Puffer Fish hanging from the ceiling. Well, at $30, not THAT special! LOL

Started checking them out, and they were COCONUTS, painted bright florescent colors, and the fins & tail were palm leaves painted. I just Googled & couldn't find the Puffers, but I did find these:

http://www.coralreefphotos.com/coconut-fish-coconut-art-local-curacao-arts-crafts/

It doesn't take an artists talent! Pretty basic. These can be put on stakes OR hung. How cute to have them along a walkway!

Having just bought a home in Cape Coral, I've been trying to decorate w/ bright, happy parrots, fish & lizards around the pool/lanai area. Being dried coconuts, it's a cheap project & should last for a LONG time. Like the author of the article said, these fish can be painted LOTS of ways. I think I may go back & get that Puffer tho... just for a sample. I'll post a pic if I do.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?