Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think this could become a sickness..

Posted by soonergirl1968 7a OKC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 6:51

I stayed up until midnight looking at "junk" ideas on the internet and got up at 5:00 am to check out the garage sales in the paper. I'm starting to get the feeling I may be developing another hobby (or as my friends like to call them... OBSESSIONS:) Antiques, cake decorating, pebble mosaics, gardening, and now JUNK! lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think this could become a sickness..

There is probably a 12 step program for our addiction....but who really wants to do it? Welcome to Junk Addicts Anonymous! :)

o

YES!!! One more joins our ranks! Welcome to the wonderful world of Junque!!

o

Hi. My name is Tracy, and I'm a junkaholic. The problem is, I don't want to recover!!!

o

I'm afraid you are past "thinking" it could become a sickness...
you're already there! LOL. And this site makes it a highly contagious one! If a 12-Step Program exists, I'm sure no here would know about it. LOL. And don't want to.

Everytime I look at photos of neat GJ stuff, I find myself wanting to make it ALL. Good thing I'm not physically able, heaven knows where I'd put it. But I still WANT it.

hugs, Karen

o

Yes, yes... I guess there are worse things we could be addicted to. I have hit every thrift store in town TWICE and heading to the swap meet at 7:00 am!! :)

o

That's all I look for when I go to garage or estate sales. Anything that will work in one of my gardens. Found some goodies today.

o

Many of us share this sickness, obsession, obsessive cumpulsive behavior, whatever!!!! And Purplemoon, you are right, it is highly contagious once you have found this site, we catch the bug for life!!
Am now on first name basis with the personal that work at the thrift shop in my town. They point out things they think I might use. I will soon put my first totem together. I just need a couple more pieces of glassware. I love it! Then I will learn how to post a picture of it to share with all of you.

o

But, isn't it so wonderful that something as simple as finding a "treasure" at a junk shop, the dump or GS gives us all such a thrill! If only the rest of the world could be made happy so easily!

o

The one good thing ... it is a relatively cheap addiction. lol! Especially when so much of what people use is free. Glad to have you in Junker's Anonymous, soonergirl1968! The only problem here is that instead of discouraging you from getting carried away with junkin' the folks here will just tell you where the best things can be bought, give you ideas to create more or applaud your own junkin' efforts. Maybe it should be Junkin' Enablers Anonymous?

o

I totally agree with everyone else's comments! I love my junky addictive personality! LOL

Sylvia

o

Well, I made out like a bandit at the swap meet yesterday morning!! You gotta love a place where you don't have to pay over $5 for ANYTHING! I took some of my finds and made my dad a father's day present I think he will love. I'll take pictures this afternoon and post them later. I can't believe how much fun it is to buy junk!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here