o
recycled glass mushrooms

Posted by trashydj none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 6:54

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recycled glass mushrooms

Those are adorable. What are the "stems" made of?

o

how creative is that !!! I love them :) Are the stems made of jars ?

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 16:08

Very very nice!!!

o

They look like jars with bowls on top~~~~~~~~~~~am i correct???
That reminds me i have a ceramic mushroom that was given to me back in the 70's that sits on top of my hutch and collects dust.I should put it out in the garden.

I like the color of your shrooms,did you paint the jars on the inside??
TFS
Kathi

o

Cool idea!
I've got some big clear glass bowls that would be easy to paint. Just got to get to a Michaels (60 miles away) to get more glass paint. Joanns doesnt carry pebeo. My experiment outside this winter worked whhooo hoo!
Kathy

o

What was your winter experiment? Was it using pebeo paint? I'm always interested in painting projects, especially outside projects. And love painting on glass of any kind.

Nancy

o

You can paint glass on the inside and this protects them from the elements.

I found some old fashioned milk bottles at a yard sale years ago,brought them home,cleaned them up ad let them air dry for a few days,then i poured white paint in one,chocolate colored paint in the other,swirled it around til they were completely coated,then turned them upside down onto a paper cup to drain the excess paint off.Then i painted the words "MILK on the outside.They are in the house,but still in good condition.I topped them off with red/white fabric circles,and some ribbon.

I've decoupaged,and painted on the inside of plastic,ie 2ltr soda bottles etc also and those havealso held up very well.I use plain old Ceramcoat paints.
HTH
Kathi

o

Meant to put this picture in the last post,OOPS!!

Photobucket
Kathi

o

Ilike the white and choc milk that is so cute ( GOT MILK)

o

trashydj, Your mushrooms are really neat. Love the color.

kathi, your milk bottles are also great. Marylee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here