Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
all my new goodies I got yesterday

Posted by trashydj none (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 7:06

went yard saling filled up my trunk and backseat then went to work on my yard I found this huge fiberglass lions head for the wall with a shelf on top well my little feeble mind went to work I drilled a hole in its mouth and the back and run a hose through the back and mouth walla a very expensive looking pond adorment also found 2 teapots one is cast iron for a buck a piece then made a flower bed and put alot of my buys in it

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: all my new goodies I got yesterday

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 9:40

Great finds!!! The lion looks amazing. I would have bought all those items too.

o

That lion head is awesome!!! Love the teapots too, but Really like that cute little bench!!!!

o

Isn't it amazing what you find at yardsales? Great lion's head fountain piece! Really like your other items too. The wooden chair/bench is really nice!

o

You struck it rich with that lion's head, Trashydj! He looks great on that brick wall!

o

I too like your things--I commented on another forum too! LOL

o

thanks all I am real happy with it all Sat night made a glass birdbath and glass totem with all the glass goodies I got lol love me some yard sales

o

love yr treasures! you are so creative!

o

That Lion head is so unique! Bet no one else has found one of those while junkin'! Looks like you've been very busy...score for the tea kettles, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I see lots of things I like, the bench, teapots & the lion's head are great finds & the bed,birdcage etc. Really made out like a bandit, such a great price On the teapots. Like your silverware, colander chimes too. TFS Jan

o

Great finds. While the lion head is indeed cool, I actually like the kettles more, myself.

That said, the real reason for my posting is that I am a bit alarmed by the placement of the lion-head fountain. All it will take is a small amount of deposits of calcium or algae or whatever forming on the water outlet to redirect a small trickle of water down the front of the placard and toward that power outlet. Hopefully it is a gfci protected circuit which 'should' prevent anyone grabbing that cable from getting zapped, but even a GFCI outlet can short out and cause a fire when doused with water.

Sorry for being the nay-sayer :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here