Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My garden swing

Posted by biddlebeach PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 8:03

Here is a pic of the wing planted, hope this works :)

Image link: My garden swing (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My garden swing

How fun, those impatiens are nice and bright. Now I see how you put it together and that you're using the chicken wire to hold the plants in place. You can also use garden netting as an anchor.

Just a few weeks for the plants to grow in and it'll be a great centerpiece for your garden.

o

I really love this idea! How fun!

o

You are off to a great start! Looks like it will work to me. Mother nature takes over now (plus watering by you of course).
Kathy

o

That really turned out cute. It will look better soon....as the plants will grow with all that water and attention you give them!

o

Good job!!!

o

Looking good...did you plant ferns on the top? My 50 something eyes can't tell.....

:-)

o

The top and the back of the seat are planted with sedum which had been growing on my stone wall, as I was scooping it up I saw that it had attached it self to leaves, so I tucked the leaves into the chicken wire. I hope they take off. if not, there is way more where that came from,, lol
thanks everyone for the wonderful ideas that I have gotten from here, my husband now, just says,, "okay dear, what would you like ME to do?". whenever I come up with another project..

o

Looking good!!!

o

I think that will be lovely in a short while! Like the plants going up back of seat too! Jan

o

Thank you! I hope it works out!
I LOVE this place and the closer I get to retirement the more time I will have to play in my yard!

o

Looks like a new adventure! Good luck! Keep watering! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here