Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Junk Plate Flower Making ?

Posted by mamabear z5b MI (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 8:16

What do you use to attach the Plate to the Stem?
You guy's are sooo... Talented!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Junk Plate Flower Making ?

I flatten a spoon and glue it to the back of the plate and stick it in a 1/2" piece of copper pipe. You can flatten the top of the pipe if the spoon handle does fit.

Sue

o

Thanks! I plan on using rebar and leaves have vine or Line, I will twine on. Found a Small round Solid Hubcap I would like to use for the Middle, If I can figure out how to glue to plate!

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 8:22

I drill through everything including a flatten spoon. A bolt attaches all the pieces together. A diamond bit drill for glass and ceramics. Cobalt drill bit for metal (need cutting oil - high pressure low speed for stainless steel spoons).
When I glue metal to glass, I use auto goop which seems to be holding up well. I drill usually because it allows to me to attach heavier and more irregular pieces of glass than glue does. This flower uses auto goop to attach Christmas bulb to glass to cover the bolt

o

I haven't tried drilling through metal yet so the cobalt drill bit and oil tips will be helpful info for the future.

I use a light spray of water to keep my the diamond bit cool when I'm drilling glass or ceramic. That seems to help prolong the life of my bits. (I've been doing it for about three years now and have never broken a piece and I've never received a shock but I have a circuit breaker and stand on a mat. Ya never know!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here