Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Junky Container Gardens

luvs2click
9 years ago

Here's a few junky container gardens & a toolbox I made for this weekend's garden fair. I love searching garage sales & flea markets for the containers and the junk to put in them. Lots more pictures of all the planters at the link below.

{{gwi:147606}}

{{gwi:147608}}

{{gwi:147610}}

Here is a link that might be useful: fairy gardens, junk planters, toolboxes, etc.

Comments (18)

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    9 years ago

Oh gosh, I love all of them. But I think my favorite is the toolbox. Hard to choose though. They are wonderful. Love love them.

• loribee2
    9 years ago

Those are adorable! Very creative!

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

How do you line those? Or, don't you do anything to get rid of the moisture?

• Deeby
    9 years ago

That insulator's not junk-it's a collectible.

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

I sure am glad I'm not going to your plant fair!!! I would NOT be able to pick a favorite they are all way too cute. What an imagination! LOVE them all. Good luck, you shouldn't have to bring any home as cute as they are.

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all - its a labor of love. The first 50 or so are fun, anyway....ha!
    Jim - no need to line - I just put holes in the bottom - they are meant for outside. Plants are all perennial - they can sit out all winter and grow again next year. I suggest taking the junk out for the winter tho to prolong its life. Eventually they will rust out - but it will be a long time.
    Deeby - the insulator isn't anything special - it's chipped up and not in too good of shape. I think I only paid $1 for it. I don't pay much for any of it - even the pans, I try to keep them under $5 each, mostly $1-$3 range. The thrill of the hunt......

• Sherri Lawson Brown
    9 years ago

LOVE!

• Deeby
    9 years ago

OK, I thought maybe you didn't know what an insulator is. I had a dear friend who would walk railroad tracks picking up insulators. She had a wonderful collection-even one that looked like opal.

• concretenprimroses
    9 years ago

So fun and creative!
    I too love the tool box, but the dish pan ones with the dishes are very nice too.
    Kathy

• lucillle
    9 years ago

So pretty and inventive!!!

• gardencraze
    9 years ago

I did not need to see these! Oh my goodness, they are adorable.
    I guess I'll have to get out my junk this weekend, LOL
    Thanx for the post
    Carmen

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

Way to junk and joy!!

• dirtbug
    9 years ago

Oh wow they are awesome!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

Love them all but toolbox with rusty tools takes the prize!! Jan

• organizedsarah
    9 years ago

OK...NOW you've done it! I have never seen anything like those, and I'm totally in love! Each one is sweeter than
    the one before! Like I NEEDED a new reason to collect "junk"! But, you're much more creative than I am...maybe I could just come to your sale???

• Shades_of_idaho
    9 years ago

SOOOOOO cute. I am trying to talk my DH out of an old tool box. Love the addition of the wrenches. PERFECT. I think I have that first roaster pan you show. I dump shopped it and it is a good planting size. Your plate and insulator bird spoon additions really make it perfect. I might be able to find a few of those things too. Succulents are so perfect for these containers. I have many varieties growing I can just pinch a few here and there to fill that tool box I have my eye on. LOL

• mamabear
    9 years ago

I too LOVE the Tool Box. Great work.
    I have many varieties too growing
    I can just pinch a few here and there
    to fill that tool box I have my eye on.
    LOL

• linjon zone 5
    9 years ago

I love your container gardens. I can't seem to pick just one. They are all very nice.