Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonergirl1968

I'm so excited!! The wheels are turning :)

soonergirl1968
13 years ago

Since discovering this forum yesterday, my mind has been going crazy thinking of new projects for the yard. I went out this morning and took some pics of things I HAVE done so far. Like I said in my previous post, I don't technically have any GJ yet but I am on a mission now! :) I bought this house 2 years ago and it had been vacant for 3 years so I LITERALLY had nothing but dirt and 30+ beautiful old oak trees. Here are some things I currently have in the garden - can't wait to add more!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden stuff

Comments (19)

• nonacook
    13 years ago

You hava made a GREAT start with the things you have.
    LOVE the rooster!

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Love it all!!! Great start! wow! LOVE the rooster...heck Everything!!! Thanks for posting the Eye Candy!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I will right over to take some of those wonderful things off of your hands! LOVE the rooster and the heart metal trellis and all the others too! What great garden decor! Thanks for sharing with us...can't wait to see what else is coming from your way.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

It won't take you long to find or start some new projects. Your yard already looks beautiful. That's very nice bed by the pool(?). I like the rooster, I always think that I want one like that, but DH keeps talking me out of it. We will be looking for your project pics.
    Frou

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you!! I do love my rooster! I got him at an estate sale and everyone thought I was crazy but I love the way he looks in the yard.

Frou - Yes, that bed by the pool used to be a hot tub - I did NOT like it so I drilled holes in the bottom, filled the bottom with gravel and topped it with 5 tons of dirt. Worked pretty well! :)

• cait1
    13 years ago

Mosaic that pig! I would LOVE a pig like that to mosaic!

The rooster is wonderful.

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oohhh... Mosaic would look good on the pig. I thought about making him some copper wings

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

LOOKIN' GOOD!!! It's all great, but I especially like the rooster. Are you about to float away down there? I've been watching the news and also we have family 100 miles north of OKC. We both grew up there. Moved to western WA in 1956.

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My house sits on a hill so all is good here. However, there are many people who were not so lucky. All the houses around NW 178th & Western were sitting in about 3-4' of water. And of course, being a land-locked state, no one has flood insurance! This year we had record breaking snow fall, hail, temperatures and now rain. At least we haven't broke the tornado record this year!! :)

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

Hey Soonergirl!!!! I can see that pig wearing rabbit ears at Easter; Antlers at Christmas; A witches hat on Halloween; etc. etc. He would also look good with red white and blue helium balloons tied around him for July 4th.
    Yep, I'm in love. The pig rocks!!!!!

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

Great stuff! I really like that trellis, and the rooster...and yes, I think the pig would look great with wings! He's awesome. Your yard looks pretty amazing!

Sheryll

• marleneann
    13 years ago

What a great idea for an old hot tub.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

It all looks great, nice save of the heart iron fence!! Love your rooster! No thanks to a bat house but I know they are good little critters(as long as they stay away from me)! Wonderful idea to turn hot tub into a lush planter(lot of work but it paid off)! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Sooner, your yard is wonderful. I love it all. That hot tub planter....WOW....and that pig is great! So is the Rooster.
    I also love your enthusiasm at finding this Forum. That's one of the best parts of reading posts I think, its always such a treat to 'see' the excitement in others.

I'm glad you found us. Hope you've also found our many albums to browse. Lots of 'eye candy' there.
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Albums

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wonderful! People thought you were crazy to get the rooster!!!??? Hopefully that means you get good stuff for a good price!
    Kathy

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You are all so wonderful! Thank you for all the kind comments. I have been hitting the thrift stores like a mad woman! I've found all kinds of neat things but got a bit distracted by the hypertufa forum so have decided to work on a concrete/hypertufa totem with my thrift store finds - I just love concrete!! Tried to make a concrete sphere today but it didn't go as well as I had hoped. So... I have changed my game plan and will attempt it again! I'm hitting the swap meet this weekend to start collecting rusty shovels for another project I have in mind. So many projects :)

• kacram
    13 years ago

Love your rooster!!!!!!!1

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Guess my original post on this went to Cyberspace! Who knows!!!

Anyway, I am loving that rooster that you bid on...looks great in your yard! And that pig, yeah, he could have "wings"...go for it!

Great idea making that "hot tub garden!" Love it! And I'm glad the flooding missed you...flooding is the pits! Good thoughts to those around you cleaning up! TFS! Jeanne S.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Your yard and gardens are wonderful.I also love the rooster,and the pig,and the hot tub.Heck i love it all.Can't wait to see what you do with the shovels,i have a few laying around that i havn't done anything with yet.
    TFS
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Kathi