Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm so excited!! The wheels are turning :)

Posted by soonergirl1968 7a OKC (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 9:05

Since discovering this forum yesterday, my mind has been going crazy thinking of new projects for the yard. I went out this morning and took some pics of things I HAVE done so far. Like I said in my previous post, I don't technically have any GJ yet but I am on a mission now! :) I bought this house 2 years ago and it had been vacant for 3 years so I LITERALLY had nothing but dirt and 30+ beautiful old oak trees. Here are some things I currently have in the garden - can't wait to add more!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden stuff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm so excited!! The wheels are turning :)

You hava made a GREAT start with the things you have.
LOVE the rooster!

o

Love it all!!! Great start! wow! LOVE the rooster...heck Everything!!! Thanks for posting the Eye Candy!!!

o

I will right over to take some of those wonderful things off of your hands! LOVE the rooster and the heart metal trellis and all the others too! What great garden decor! Thanks for sharing with us...can't wait to see what else is coming from your way.

o

It won't take you long to find or start some new projects. Your yard already looks beautiful. That's very nice bed by the pool(?). I like the rooster, I always think that I want one like that, but DH keeps talking me out of it. We will be looking for your project pics.
Frou

o

Thank you!! I do love my rooster! I got him at an estate sale and everyone thought I was crazy but I love the way he looks in the yard.

Frou - Yes, that bed by the pool used to be a hot tub - I did NOT like it so I drilled holes in the bottom, filled the bottom with gravel and topped it with 5 tons of dirt. Worked pretty well! :)

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 12:39

Mosaic that pig! I would LOVE a pig like that to mosaic!

The rooster is wonderful.

o

Oohhh... Mosaic would look good on the pig. I thought about making him some copper wings

o

LOOKIN' GOOD!!! It's all great, but I especially like the rooster. Are you about to float away down there? I've been watching the news and also we have family 100 miles north of OKC. We both grew up there. Moved to western WA in 1956.

o

My house sits on a hill so all is good here. However, there are many people who were not so lucky. All the houses around NW 178th & Western were sitting in about 3-4' of water. And of course, being a land-locked state, no one has flood insurance! This year we had record breaking snow fall, hail, temperatures and now rain. At least we haven't broke the tornado record this year!! :)

o

Hey Soonergirl!!!! I can see that pig wearing rabbit ears at Easter; Antlers at Christmas; A witches hat on Halloween; etc. etc. He would also look good with red white and blue helium balloons tied around him for July 4th.
Yep, I'm in love. The pig rocks!!!!!

o

Great stuff! I really like that trellis, and the rooster...and yes, I think the pig would look great with wings! He's awesome. Your yard looks pretty amazing!

Sheryll

o

What a great idea for an old hot tub.

o

It all looks great, nice save of the heart iron fence!! Love your rooster! No thanks to a bat house but I know they are good little critters(as long as they stay away from me)! Wonderful idea to turn hot tub into a lush planter(lot of work but it paid off)! Jan

o

Sooner, your yard is wonderful. I love it all. That hot tub planter....WOW....and that pig is great! So is the Rooster.
I also love your enthusiasm at finding this Forum. That's one of the best parts of reading posts I think, its always such a treat to 'see' the excitement in others.

I'm glad you found us. Hope you've also found our many albums to browse. Lots of 'eye candy' there.
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Albums

o

Wonderful! People thought you were crazy to get the rooster!!!??? Hopefully that means you get good stuff for a good price!
Kathy

o

You are all so wonderful! Thank you for all the kind comments. I have been hitting the thrift stores like a mad woman! I've found all kinds of neat things but got a bit distracted by the hypertufa forum so have decided to work on a concrete/hypertufa totem with my thrift store finds - I just love concrete!! Tried to make a concrete sphere today but it didn't go as well as I had hoped. So... I have changed my game plan and will attempt it again! I'm hitting the swap meet this weekend to start collecting rusty shovels for another project I have in mind. So many projects :)

o

Love your rooster!!!!!!!1

o

Guess my original post on this went to Cyberspace! Who knows!!!

Anyway, I am loving that rooster that you bid on...looks great in your yard! And that pig, yeah, he could have "wings"...go for it!

Great idea making that "hot tub garden!" Love it! And I'm glad the flooding missed you...flooding is the pits! Good thoughts to those around you cleaning up! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Your yard and gardens are wonderful.I also love the rooster,and the pig,and the hot tub.Heck i love it all.Can't wait to see what you do with the shovels,i have a few laying around that i havn't done anything with yet.
TFS
Welcome to the forum!!
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here