Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy inexpensive 1/2 marbles

Posted by Deborah-SC 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 9:21

Hi -- new to this particular forum. I finally found a bowling ball @ a yard sale. Now I need to buy some inexpensive half-marbles. Is there a specific web site that has them cheap in bulk that you know of. I've googled, but I thought I'd ask y'all for your favorite suppliers. Thanks!

Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy inexpensive 1/2 marbles

I have found them at the dollar tree, Micheals, jo Anns, and sometimes Walmart....

o

I get mine at the dollar stores,check those out first,as you may have to spend more at michaels,joanns etc.
Kathi

o

Thanks y'all!

o

Do you have Hobby Lobby in SC ? If so, print off a 40 % off coupon, 1 per week, & get a good deal. Do you have a specific design in mind ? Different companies sell different colors so you would want to check out who has what colors before purchasing. I have also used wholesalersusa.com and specialty art glass.com. - Laura

o

Thanks Laura! Yes, we have a Hobby Lobby & I love those 40% off coupons. I haven't been there in a while though! My bowling ball is green -- I was thinking of using an aqua and sapphire blue -- using the sapphire blue to make swirls around the ball. I don't think I should try a complicated design my 1st time! I'll also check out the website - Take care - Deb

o

For one bowling ball you do not need a "bulk" purchase. A new Dollar Tree just opened in our town and they had an expanded offering of glass stones. A 40% off coupon at Michaels or Hobby Lobby would get you a great deal and your color choices would be greatest.

o

I had no idea that 2#s of stone were $2.99 @ Hobby Lobby. I assumed they'd be more expensive. Anyway -- I know I over-bought but I'm also going to gem a large letter "G" for the garden gate. (not because gate starts with a "g" - our last name does!) LOL

Thanks for y'alls help :)

o

Put a pic on when you are finished, we love to see your projects! Jan

o

I finished it 2 days ago & it's out in the garden. I'll take a picture once the rain stops :)

o

Has it stopped raining, yet??

o

LOL, OldFixer! I posted it on another thread, but here's a picture just for you!

photo DSC00538_zpsb0e258bf.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here