Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bookjunky4life

glow in dark spray paint

bookjunky4life
10 years ago

Rustoleum in selling it. I saw it at menards. Its expensive at almost $11 per can but worth it if it works.

Comments (19)

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Isn't it amazing what they come up with? Thanks for sharing!

• mjowest
    10 years ago

got a little can at walmart for $5. got it for my daughter, but she hasn't used it yet.

• Barbara Kelly
    10 years ago

I ordered some of the paint it on glow in the dark paint, and zip. No matter how many coats I put on, and how bright the sun is, it did not glow at all.. I can't remember if it was Rustolem or Krylon.

• azcactusflower
    10 years ago

Dulcimerduo I bought the Rustoleum at WalMart and sprayed a pot I have, several times. I followed the directions just as it said on the can, BUT it does not glow in the dark, I am very disappointed with it. I do not want to spend anymore money on the spray on. I wonder if they have it where you can paint it on with a brush?

• mjowest
    10 years ago

uh oh, better return it- thanks for the heads up- haven't used it yet.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

I too bought a can of spray.....followed the directions and VERY disappointed. There is no glow at my house!

• mykidsmother
    10 years ago

I believe it must be sprayed or used on glass .. and in order to "glow" in the dark there must be a source of light shining on it so it is more of a reflective paint than light absorption paint I might be wrong .. I know a diner in Maine used this and they have had success with it. How, I am not sure. But I do know the containers were potted plants... if that helps anyone.. :(

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

I looked at my can last night it is Krylon and alls it did was made me Kry.....as it did not perform as expected!

• MaxwellTMax
    10 years ago

The only glow paint I've found to work is:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Glow-Paint-Fluid-Ounce/dp/B00BNEXCG6/ref=pd_sbs_ac_2

It likes to have a light source. I use it with my solar powered light globes (see picture)

• nanatricia
    10 years ago

I have used the can paint on, and it did not work.I read that it says put it over light color pant .My frog was not light color might be why it does not work.

• azcactusflower
    10 years ago

The pot I used was a white ceramic one that I was going to plant something in it. Now it' a dirty, greenish, grey color. If I can I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. I was very disappointed, to say the least. I was imagining a glowing pot on my porch at nite. Never happened.

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

I bought a tiny expensive bottle of the commercial version to put on something that cars kept hitting in back of a building I manage, (even tho it is bright yellow and under streetlights). It didn't work. I tried it at home inside a glass bottle, it didn't work. Not sure what the story is. It must work somewhere for someone or they wouldn't sell it.
    Kathy

• iowgardenangel
    10 years ago

i also used and did not work mine was brush on.

• pattico_gw
    10 years ago

This is a picture from pinterest....

They say it works great.

I've been planning all sumer to do this...I guess I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

patti

• brownsugar75
    10 years ago

Just bought some acrylic glow in the dark paints....hope they work.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

I see those beautiful planters on pinterest all the time. Would LOVE to be able to do that. Sooooo misguiding....should be removed because of falseness. Someone would sell a ton of paint if that look really could be accomplished with just paint. I always think that as bright as they are "shining" it really looks as if it is a big white planter by day with a light installed inside to glow like that at night. I really don't think paint can cast such a glow and light up the surrounding area. Just my opinion.

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

Couldn't stand it! Just googled lighted planters and chose images to look at. Low and behold there are beautiful lighted planters looking very similar to the ones on pinterest. Now just wish I could figure out how to make one!!

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Must be paint somewhere that would work. I have a black T-shirt with Halloween pumpkin on it that glows at night, nearly scared myself to death coming through the dark hall into the room! It's glowed year after year with very little light so they could do it at least 10 years ago. Those Pinterest planters sure do look like they are electric. Jan

• topsiebeezelbub
    10 years ago

Those pretty pots DO have lights in them...some are solar, some battery or have a cord. You could put lights in a translucent pot, if you can find one, then set a smaller planted pot inside.