Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glow in dark spray paint

Posted by bookjunky4life 5 Central IL (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 9:30

Rustoleum in selling it. I saw it at menards. Its expensive at almost $11 per can but worth it if it works.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glow in dark spray paint

Isn't it amazing what they come up with? Thanks for sharing!

o

got a little can at walmart for $5. got it for my daughter, but she hasn't used it yet.

o

I ordered some of the paint it on glow in the dark paint, and zip. No matter how many coats I put on, and how bright the sun is, it did not glow at all.. I can't remember if it was Rustolem or Krylon.

o

Dulcimerduo I bought the Rustoleum at WalMart and sprayed a pot I have, several times. I followed the directions just as it said on the can, BUT it does not glow in the dark, I am very disappointed with it. I do not want to spend anymore money on the spray on. I wonder if they have it where you can paint it on with a brush?

o

uh oh, better return it- thanks for the heads up- haven't used it yet.

o

I too bought a can of spray.....followed the directions and VERY disappointed. There is no glow at my house!

o

I believe it must be sprayed or used on glass .. and in order to "glow" in the dark there must be a source of light shining on it so it is more of a reflective paint than light absorption paint I might be wrong .. I know a diner in Maine used this and they have had success with it. How, I am not sure. But I do know the containers were potted plants... if that helps anyone.. :(

o

I looked at my can last night it is Krylon and alls it did was made me Kry.....as it did not perform as expected!

o

The only glow paint I've found to work is:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Glow-Paint-Fluid-Ounce/dp/B00BNEXCG6/ref=pd_sbs_ac_2

It likes to have a light source. I use it with my solar powered light globes (see picture)

o

I have used the can paint on, and it did not work.I read that it says put it over light color pant .My frog was not light color might be why it does not work.

o

The pot I used was a white ceramic one that I was going to plant something in it. Now it' a dirty, greenish, grey color. If I can I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it. I was very disappointed, to say the least. I was imagining a glowing pot on my porch at nite. Never happened.

o

I bought a tiny expensive bottle of the commercial version to put on something that cars kept hitting in back of a building I manage, (even tho it is bright yellow and under streetlights). It didn't work. I tried it at home inside a glass bottle, it didn't work. Not sure what the story is. It must work somewhere for someone or they wouldn't sell it.
Kathy

o

i also used and did not work mine was brush on.

o

This is a picture from pinterest....

They say it works great.

I've been planning all sumer to do this...I guess I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

patti

o

Just bought some acrylic glow in the dark paints....hope they work.

o

I see those beautiful planters on pinterest all the time. Would LOVE to be able to do that. Sooooo misguiding....should be removed because of falseness. Someone would sell a ton of paint if that look really could be accomplished with just paint. I always think that as bright as they are "shining" it really looks as if it is a big white planter by day with a light installed inside to glow like that at night. I really don't think paint can cast such a glow and light up the surrounding area. Just my opinion.

o

Couldn't stand it! Just googled lighted planters and chose images to look at. Low and behold there are beautiful lighted planters looking very similar to the ones on pinterest. Now just wish I could figure out how to make one!!

o

Must be paint somewhere that would work. I have a black T-shirt with Halloween pumpkin on it that glows at night, nearly scared myself to death coming through the dark hall into the room! It's glowed year after year with very little light so they could do it at least 10 years ago. Those Pinterest planters sure do look like they are electric. Jan

o

Those pretty pots DO have lights in them...some are solar, some battery or have a cord. You could put lights in a translucent pot, if you can find one, then set a smaller planted pot inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here