Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planted boots, chamber pot, dish drainer

Posted by luvs2click 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 10:10

Just goes to show you can plant in anything. Inspiration for the dish drainer was from shysue's garden. These are some things I sold this past weekend at my show. The photo link at the bottom of the post has tons more pictures if you're interested. Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots more pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planted boots, chamber pot, dish drainer

Arlene, those are great. I love the dish drainer with the plates in it. My hens and chickens need thinning and you have given me some wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing.
Marylee

o

Hard to choose which one I like best......but I think the boots win....especially since thats the kind of boots my DH and DS wears. I think I gotta be a copy cat on that one. The dish drainer is very creative and I love that look.

o

Great ideas....funny how I can seem to get hens and chicks to grow well for me....I must be doing something wrong! Love all of your planter ideas!

o

I guess it's one for each of us, because I was just looking thru your photos and loved that chamber pot. What type of plant is it? Some type of a seedum? Your fairy gardens are wonderful too.

o

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is a type of sedum - Russian Stonecrop. It is very hardy and is growing wild in my rock garden. It's just getting ready to bloom yellow.

o

Your plants look good & healthy & I love your 'containers!' Great ideas & glad you are still at it & selling,too! Good to hear from you! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love them all. Thanks for sharing your pic's. I do have some boots planted, but want more of course. I have a friend who is moving and I am getting a whole bunch of hens and chicks,plus who knows what. Her pots are running over.

So thanks for the inspiration.
Suzq

o

Great ideas & reuse of all kinds containers. Love the strainer with the dishes. Wish my red wagon looked like yours. Mine is in trouble. Full of potted plants & leaning badly, think the metal is giving way. Glad you had success selling & should have with all the variety you have, must make people want to get out in their gardens seeing what you have done. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here