Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden art from discarded hose

Posted by luvs2click 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 10:20

I've been shopping the curb in preparation for the garden fair I'm participating in this weekend. Here's a few things you can do with discarded garden hose. The fence was made from cedar boards I salvaged from our burn pile after my husband cleaned out his shop! (he drags it back to the burn pile, I drag it back to the house, picture him shaking his head......) Arlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden art from discarded hose

Very Cute! I love your flower. Jlily

o

Love the fence flower !

o

Luvs....I can certainly identify with your husband's look. The only difference is that both my DH and I play the game. We both drag things out of the burn or dump pile! LOVE your hose flower! How did you attach it to the fence and how is the flower connected in the middle? And your hose wreaths are cute too!

o

The hose is attached to the fence using electrical staples, I guess that's what they're called, see link below. I got them at Home Depot. The middle is an orange plastic bowl I picked up at a yard sale that my hubby drilled a hole through, and the yellow center is a tin jello mold spray painted. I just used a screw through the middle to attach them - I added a little square of wood on the back of the fence to accomodate the longer screw.

Oh - underneath the center I just nailed through the hose with a nail to attach the ends to the fence so it would lay a little flatter to attach the center to. Hope that all makes some kind of sense.

Here is a link that might be useful: example of electrical staple

o

Hose flower looks great on that burn pile fence!! I see lot of this being called upcycled! I think this fits! Jan

o

Cool flower!! Nice job recycling and turning things into lovely works of art!

o

Wonderful ideas!
Kathy

o

Fence flower is just tooooooo cute as well as the wreaths

o

Love the fence and flower.Where on earth did you find a yellow hose?? Never seen one of those.
Kathi

o

Love the flower so creative. A couple years ago Big Lots had hoses in all colors, including pink, purple, yellow etc. I bought several of the pink ones. Now I wonder what happened to those... I have a feeling they were left at our previous house. They would have been great for this project.
I could see a whole row of these type flowers along a blank plain wood fence, a whole flower garden!

o

I picked up all the hose off the curb during "spring clean up" in April. My friend picked up some orange.

o

Thanks for the how-to!

o

Love the yellow flower AND I happen to have an old yellow hose that is no good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here