Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polymer clay mushrooms

Posted by DixieGardner none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 10:43

Has anyone used polymer clay to make small mushrooms for fairy gardens? I would like to make my own and can't think of anything else to use. Other ideas would be more than welcome! I was thinking about giving them several coats of polyurethane after I have baked them. Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polymer clay mushrooms

My husband made a few from polymer clay and we left them out in the fairy garden all winter to test them out. They were fine - no cracks or even fading. We didn't coat them with anything. He's also made birdbaths for me with polymer clay. Anxious to hear other replies. Because of the time issue and the fact that I need MANY mushrooms, I did find a local ceramic artist who makes them for me to use in my pan gardens.

o

Great ideas!

o

You could go to the dollar store,buy some bowls with a shape you like,paint them on the inside ,and glue something on them for a stem.You wouldn't have to worry about the paint as it's on the inside.

I do this to make spinners from plastic 2 and 3 ltr bottles.First with the bottles I cut pictures from fabric,or magazines,decoupage it to the inside of the bottle that I've cut the bottom off of.When that's dry,i take those foam brushes and paint over the picture on the inside as well.I'll try to find a picture to show you after I have my dinner.
Kathi

o

I have made, and sold mushrooms with vase stems
and glass bowl tops.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here