Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picking the forums mind.

Posted by chocolateis2b8 5OH (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 11:04

I have a fairy ring, it's been in the same spot for at least 4 years that I know of.

For those who are not familar with fairy rings, here's an interesting site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

I would like to do something interesting with the fairy ring. Of course I wouldn't want to disturb the fairies that dance there, but maybe something leading up to it, like rest stops, that kind of thing, lol. There is a tree stump about 10 feet tall next to it that I put bird houses on, maybe a fairy house at the base of it? If so, how would you go about building it?

I know it's silly, but I won't step into the fairy ring. We really do need a garden lore forum on this site, I find that kind of stuff so interesting. But since I wasn't able to find one, I decided to ask here.

Still I kind of got it in my mind to bring more attention to my fairy ring, I think it would be fun.

Since I work nights, I might even go out one night before work and see if I can see fairies dancing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picking the forums mind.

Some believe that the ancient standing stones were erected to mark enchanted sites, so they could be avoided... Maybe a few small standing stones on the perimeter?

o

Have you checked out the Inspiration Album "Fairy n Gnome Homes" ...here's the link (if you haven't). Lots of fairies dance at several GJers' gardens! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy n Gnome Homes Inspiration Album

o

Even though I don't have any great ideas about what you should do, I really like the idea....I don't think I knew about fairy rings....I'm going to have to do a little research...sounds very interesting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here