Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Orleans Garden Art - Little houses

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 11:07

Strawberrygoat/Becky asked me about the pic of the little house from New Orleans on the side bar of my blog. I decided to answer in a separate post.

These were part of a display at the New Orleans Botanical Garden a couple of years after Katrina. I'm not sure who the artist was unfortunately. Actually, I think there were many different artists. I'm sure we have a brochure, somewhere. (Sigh... See post about decluttering.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are more on my blog. Here is a post I did some time ago with others, and there is also one in my sidebar.

Each one hung on a pole with a location name painted on the pole. I love them!
Enjoy!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: New Orleans Garden Art on blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Orleans Garden Art - Little houses

I love New Orleans and I adore those little houses. Someone put a lot of heart in them. Since I'm originally from Louisiana, I always have a fondness for anything from there.
Frou

o

Neat and very colorful and I'm also from Louisiana... I love all things bright and colorful.

o

I'm from Louisiana too! Baton Rouge, but now I'm in New Hampshire via NJ, VA, MA, MN, WI, IL, and OR. I think I'm done :)

o

Oooohhh... I like those!! Very neat!

o

Very pretty!

o

What cool little houses. They capture the flavor of New Orleans so well. I only visited once, but we spent a week there, visiting my sister at Tulane. That was back in the 1980s. (Tragic about the double hit of Katrina and now the BP oil disaster.)

Do you know what these mini houses are made from Kathy? If you do create some NH style houses I'd love to see photos!

o

Making my own Nawlins-style houses is one of the many projects that I want to do! I think I may have figured out a way. I should make them one by this fall so I can test it over the winter. I'll certainly post about it if I do.
Kathy

o

Love the houses, tfs. I'm not from Nawlins but have spent many happy days there with the worlds friendliest people, most helpful cops, tastiest food, most colorful culture and livliest night life. Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here