Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of my junk-a montage pic

Posted by eclecticcottage 6b wny (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 11:07

Here is some of my junk. As you can see, I like old crates. No, actually I LOVE old crates. I use them in the Cottage too.

The little bowl of water on top of the one crate is an old pyrex flameware pot, now it's a bird watering dish. The various bottles were all in a shed here when we bought the Cottage. The green school desk came from a yard sale for $5. The clay pots all came from an old neighbor's house, free. The ladder was garbage picked as were the fishing poles. In the crate on the school desk, the back three plants are in old ball canning jars (so far it's been two months and they're doing fine in them). The flowered flwoer pots the hostas are in were ceremic cookie jars I got at a rumamge sale as part of a $1 bag sale. The scale came from the same neighbor as the clay pots, also free-same for the barrel, which is where my hose lives.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of my junk-a montage pic

What a neat collection of stuff! Love the old crates, the old school desk, the scales, and the two cookie jar planters. Thanks for sharing!

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 20:53

Very nice. I love the mix of items!

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 23:02

Love it!! Great stuff!!

o

That old school desk sure made a good 'pot shelf!' (I have one of those not being used for anything!) Love old wood boxes for planting in, too! Nice recycling here! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love all your old crates,school desk & other antique stuff like the scales!! Makes a very interesting area in your yard. Jan

o

Thank you all! This is our first year here, so the junk does double duty-it enhances and fills in so I have time to get more plants. More junk=less space I need to plant. I have to do it when DH isn't around though, because the "in process" part where I'm hunting around through the sheds and gardens and all the stuff to put it together NEVER looks good to him. Only when it's done, then it's ok. Drives me crazy, lol.

o

Most of us understand your frustration-we've seen a lot of eye-rolling. Enjoy it anyway. Your arrangements are wonderful! Jlily

o

Really LOVE your collection! Very pretty- love the 'pots' you used for flowers. :)

o

Lovely montage!
Great use of the crates.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here