Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1st completed plate flower

Posted by diagia none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 11:13

Hello all I have been a lurker trying to learn. Just completed this one. Have a question. I have been using e6000 but noticed on certain glass it does not work well.. I have some great mosaic vases and matching bowl. I want to make a birdbath for a son that recently got married..what would be better than e6000? Don't look at grass lol it needs to be cut

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1st completed plate flower

Lots of us use GE Silicone II. I have used it in zone 6 (CT) & in Zone 10 (So. TX) with no failures in 6 years.

o

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try it. I live in the south,.

o

I only use the GE ll clear silicone for outdoor use there are different ones but the one I use is the blue and white tube sun and freeze proof. You can get it in the big tubes for a gun or just small squeeze tubes I like the small tubes better.
SUN-/FREEZE-PROOF

o

I'm in Virginia and I use the same GE Silicone II for glass. Make sure you check the expiration date...sometimes the old stuff doesn't stick well.

Your plate flower is very pretty too!

o

Thanks for answering my question. Maybe I can get to town tomorrow. I have about 10 ready to be finished.

o

Very nice! I love blue flowers. Hope rest of your gluing goes well! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here