Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chocolateis2b8

a lurker showing off

chocolateis2b8
13 years ago

Ok, you guys inspired me, I fell in love with the many totem pics and decided to dig up some of the stuff I had laying around to make my own.

Here is a pic, this is not it's final resting place, still need to wander the gardens to find where it best fits in, but I placed it there to also show off some of my other garden junk, namely an old fire burner from a candy factory and an old garden gate.

{{gwi:148909}}

Here is another idea I came up with years ago, in fact it stays outside year round and has gone through several of our hard winters. A old hanging lamp sitting in a garden center throw away since it's top part got broke. Got to have blue glass in the garden, lol.

{{gwi:148911}}

Plus we can never have enough old rusted out watering cans. They may not hold water, but they can hold plants.

{{gwi:148913}}

{{gwi:148914}}

And I don't know if this can be considered garden junk, but it's an idea I came up with this year and I like it. I like spending my mornings relaxing on the deck since I work nights and come home around 7 am when the day is it's nices. Instead of planting a couple shelves on the wall by my deck, I put old vases I had shoved in closets and keep them full of flowers from plants I broke while planting or flowers in the farther reaches of the gardens, just so I can enjoy them with my morning coffee.

{{gwi:148916}}

Comments (14)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

First of all, Chocolateis2b8....I LOVE your screen name! And, I totally agree!! Welcome to the GJ forum and I must say...WOW!!! LOVE your creations! The whole vignette with the tub, totem, gate, etc. is lovely! LOVE the teal colored lamp globe on the concrete stand, and your watering cans are just too pretty! You've got a treasure trove of ideas...thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom and showing them off!

• maggiejoe
    13 years ago

from one fellow lurker to another - i love your garden & all the items you've added. the totem is beautiful; the white really stands out. i must try making one; my list of "to-dos" is soooo long!!!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Welcome to the junk forum!
    Seems you already had a bunch of ideas on your own---
    great ones!
    We are glad that you put your photos here....
    Also join us on the conversations side. Just go to the top of the first page (by Topics) and click on conversations.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Chocolate, I have one question...
    what took you so long to get here? LOL. What great stuff you've collected for your garden! And your "happy flowers" in the last picture are just beautiful. I like everything, but especially that old pump.

I'm so glad you joined us and shared your things. Hope to see a lot more of you.

hugs, Karen

• socalliegal
    13 years ago

Lovely lovely lovely garden items..thanks for sharing and WELCOME to our GARDEN!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Of course, I knew your GJ would be GOOD (with a name like chocolate, it has to be)!

I'm a rustic freak...so I love your garden gate with the pump...does it work? If not, you've made it to look so with the cement pc in front of it.

Love how you planted the watering cans...that creeping jenny looks great...could sit that in a pond, too! And that aqua hanging lamp glass looks quite AWESOME on that pillar pc in your garden! Nice save!

Gorgeous flowers to enjoy on your deck! So, WELCOME, chocolate & hope to see much more from you! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your garden looks beautiful with your lovely "junk!" Your white totem is very pretty. Love the old tub, pump and gate. Is the pump made into a fountain? Your blue glass thingy was a great save and I love the watering cans and how you have planted them. And your vase idea is a great one. Welcome out of lurkdom and I hope you don't go back into hiding! Keep those awesome pictures coming!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I Love it all! I'm going to look for a gate like that to use by my strawberry bed.The old watering cans make wonderful planters. Your flowers not only look lovely but I think they smell great too, with that assortment, wonderful way to start the day even if it's time to go to bed. Welcome & I love your name also! Jan

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Great Vignettes! Glad you came out of lurking you have a great eye can't wait to see more of your creations especially Totems :)

Sylvia aka NanaGrandma

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Hi chocolate. Glad you came out of lurkdom with your wonderrful photos.
    What a lot of fun stuff! Love the lamp especially, and your idea of making a special place outside to enjoy cut flowers.
    You might not want to leave your totem outside in winter since it has upturned parts that can hold water and freeze and break.
    Have fun,
    Kathy

• chocolateis2b8
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all. It's been a couple years since I've been able to garden so I have been having all kinds of fun planting and coming up with ideas. Although my husband is about ready to kill me, he wants everything planted the second it gets home, whereas I like to sit back, have a look around, go through the garage and barn looking for interesting things and then deciding where I think it will look best, plants usually sit around a few days while I make up my mind. When I have time, I'll have to get a few more pics, got all kinds of junk and fun things throughout my gardens.

For those who asked, that is a working pump, I even use it to fill the watering can if I only have a few things to water, it's easier than dragging out the hose. I actually have three working wells around the house on top of the well we use for the household and a spring fed pond. Don't matter how dry it gets, I can water to my hearts content and not even make a dent in the water level.

• indylisa
    13 years ago

Nice!! I love the gate. Ihave 2 at my house I am moving from with climatis's..didn't have the heart to move them, but I am going back soon.
    Lisa

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

LOVELY And very Glad you came out of Lurkdom!!! I sooo envy you water source...we are on city water and DH hates to see a bill!!!ha!

• dollydee
    13 years ago

Hi Chocolate....I love the name as well :)
    I just joined here last week, some very fun and creative people here!
    You have some great things in your garden, and I sooooo want that gate!!! Look forward to more pix!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH