Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slr8

My First Totem

slr8
15 years ago

I really enjoyed making this for my garden. It didn't take long and only cost about $4 to make. It looks nice in the butterfly garden. It will look nicer when the flowers start blooming.http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/sleer8/gardenweb/?action=view&current=P3041664.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:149015}}

Comments (21)

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How do I add more than one picture into a message so I don't have to do it like this???? Sorry the picture is sideways.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• lamb716
    15 years ago

I really like that! Great job for being your 1st one ~ those "firsts" are always sentimental to me. Love the green!

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Green is my favorite color! It is so pretty! It kinda looks like a little clown w/ a collar on and a tall hat w/ a pompom on it! He could be you garden keeper!
    I love it, you put it in a great location,too!
    blessings-sherri

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ha ha ha. I like that...my Garden Keeper. What I am really enjoying is spending time with my son, of course, but my mother works from home, so we spend time together too. We are making a variety of things I have seen on this forum. The best part is that my husband actually will come into the house (I don't tell him what I am making beforehand because he won't understand) and tells me that he really likes the totem and mushrooms. So he had to have been wandering around the yard and came across the items because I didn't point them out. Kind of nice to hear that what you create does have some taste, eh?

• snowbunny_wi
    15 years ago

Love it! You did a great job. I haven't tackled one of these yet. I would love a pink one but haven't seen much pink glass.

• kat4kittens2002
    15 years ago

you did a great job..very pretty totem!..i bet ur hooked now.
    kathy

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, I really am hooked. I wanted, originally, to make a cobalt blue one but just as Snowbunny said, the colour can be hard to find. I went into a second hand store and they had fifteen pieces of green glass so I bought many of the pieces and just worked on it until I had something that made sense. I never see pink glass except in a china cabinet at my Mother-in-Laws. I like the green but I find that it blends in to the garden a little more than I liked. But it stands out when you walk towards the garden so that is cool. My mom made a few with clear glass that really sparkle. She loves them too!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

To post a second photo, do exactly as you did on the first one. After you copy the first aref and put it in your post, then I usually space down one, and copy a second or third aref. Its really easy. LOVE the green totem. I am on the hunt for some green glass. Hard to find it or red.
    I finally got enough amber to make a skinny totem, just finished it and got it in yard. Will take photos after sun goes down, too bright out there now. I need to take a bunch of pix of some GW finds I've accumulated the past few weeks too. Got some "good cwap" as a forum buddy calls it.

hugs, Karen

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I love the subtle green. This way you have a pleasant surprise when you get close. Gardens need things that pop, and things to discover up close. What a great thing to come upon!
    kathy

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good point, Kathy. I was really lucky to find all the green. Just after the Good Will, I went to Value Village and they had a bunch of green glass too. Someone out there was just trying to get rid of it, I guess. Totems are wonderful little surprises in the garden. I am not sure if I will do another. Maybe if I find another colour of glass out there somewhere, I will. Overtime, perhaps.

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Green is good!
    And sideways is ok, because when I printed it for future reference, I can turn the page any way I want!!! LOL

• ladytexan
    15 years ago

Lots of pretty green glass and put together so well.

I really like that. I hope my enthusiasm is still with me when I finally get to my 'I'm gonnas'.

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Very pretty totem! They are so addictive! There was so much green glass at the Goodwill when I went in there tonight. I was good, I didn't buy any of it.

Be Safe, Rach

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Very pretty... I really like the tree in a frame... that's totally creative!!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

That came out really great! The pieces look like the fit very well together.

Don't forget you can rotate the photo once you upload it to photobucket. Thanks for sharing! You did a great job!

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, I can't take credit for the tree in the frame. That was from someone else and I kept the picture just in case I could find myself in a creative mood. I just can't remember where I saw it...probably this forum.

I didn't know that I could rotate the photo. I will do that! Thanks adina!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Love your green totem, really nice shape to it too!

If you are using Photobucket, you can just click/check each picture you want on the page, go all the way to the bottom of that page and click on the box at the bottom right side that says "generate IMG and HTML code". It takes you to the next page where you can right click on the first box and select "copy", now go to your post and right click and select "paste". Your pictures will all show up when you hit "preview message" This way you can post one or the whole page of pictures all at once without having to go back and forth. Give it a try.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

ladytexan, if any time you feel your enthusiasm waning, LOL, head for our Inspiration Album. That is bound to get you going again. Tho it also will add to the list of "I'm gonna". We all have have Too Long to Do Lists and would have to live forever to complete them. But hey, we can dream of having everything can't we?

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspiration Album

• cait1
    15 years ago

Very pretty glass. I like the whatever it is the glass sits on - makes it kinda look as if it's floating! Cool.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

That is great! I do like that green glass.

• slr8
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The bottom piece is an upside down candy dish, I believe.

Thanks so much for the advice, luvstocraft, I can see exactly what you mean. That will save a lot of time for me. Thanks!

I wish I lived in an area that was nice all year around. Putting all of these fun mirrors, totems, mushrooms, wishing wells, frames, etc, in the garage for the winter will be depressing! Until next year when it is like Christmas when you get to put it all back out! I bet people forget what they have until they start putting it out again. Fun.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor