Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annielu_gw

old barnwood fencing

annielu
16 years ago

My son made me this fence out of old barn wood and this is what I've done this year.

{{gwi:149106}}

Comments (15)

• meadel
    16 years ago

Oh, all are so nice!! What a good son you have!
    What is that silver thing on the ground. ( I still can't find my glasses!)

Lori

• sandyl
    16 years ago

My quess is that silver thing is a old milking machine container. I remember seeing that on our dairy farm when my family milked dairy cows back in the early 60's when I was a child. It hooks to hoses and then the handel would have a type of harness that as i recall drapped over the cows back, the hoses hooked to a compressor that milked the cows. Oh that brings back memorys. We still have the dairy barn and the head catches are still there that the cows would come into the barn and they would go to the same head catch every single time, they learned which head station they were to go into. I look forward to hearing what everyone eles guess it as to what it is. The old metal double sink is still in our barn but it doesn't get used. Let me know if I'm wrong on my guess. I really like the fence display and all the old farm items you have there.. Sandy

• weebug99
    16 years ago

I love it I like rustic stuff, I collect old tools etc...I have my tools hanging on a brick wall that's in our family room.

• Bright199
    16 years ago

What a wonderful thing for a son to do!!! Love the way you have fixed it up!!

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're right, Sandy! My DH brought that home from a barn sale and told me to plant some flowers in it. Then I thought of taking the lid and making wind chimes out of it!! Still might do that!

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Looking good. I love your hostas, mine have just the all over green leaves. That white makes them look so sharp!

• sweets98
    16 years ago

Nice job! I have rusty items on my shed! I just haven't taken a picture yet because I started the bed and it looks like crap so far! LOL

I have a milker, too! When I was a kid, my grandparents barn burnt and they rebuilt and my parents took care of the cows. There were like 3 milkers sitting outside that my Gram planted flowers in every year. They sold most of them when they sold the farm but there was one that they took to their new house and that poor thing sat in the raspberry patch until last year when I finally asked if it could be mine! :)

This is when I just got it last year. It has white pansies and purple petunias in it this year :)
    {{gwi:149104}}

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

I love it..... looks great. awesome job.

• countrygrl
    16 years ago

Annie, what can I say? I LOVE YOUR GARDEN!!! You keep finding the greatest things and you're very creative in the way you use them!

• dustyknees
    16 years ago

that contraption on the fence that you have flowers in. reminds me of cut off blue jeans on a chubby person.
    anyone else see that?

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

That's a really nice antique and the zinnias? look good growing in it. So nice to have a son to do some creating for you :)

• kikistreehouse
    16 years ago

O do I love that. Brings back memories of growing up. Thanks for sharing .

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey dustyknees---you're right!!! LOL!!!

• nonacook
    16 years ago

I think those are wash tubs, dustyknees-LOL

• kirkus
    16 years ago

OH MY GOSH! What a beautiful display! I just love looking at it, taking it all in! You have inspired me once again! You are such a busy person and soooooooooo creative!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Kirk

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA