Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Fourth of July decor! Post yours here!

concretenprimroses
13 years ago

Hi, I don't have any yet, but I figure I've got 2 days or so. Love to see what others are doing. I'm particularly interested in outdoor, but anything for inspiration would be great!

Kathy

Comments (22)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Here's mine, not my best display, but it sure is bright and you can see it a mile away when the pinwheels are spinning. Kathy, you best get in gear girl.
    Frou

{{gwi:140331}}

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Beautiful Frou! And the bowling ball too, oh my! Wish I had gotten my window done in time.....

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

duh, forgot the pic link LOL
    The top pane is missing the glass, so someone suggested putting in a piece of plywood and painting it with chalkboard paint.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:149179}}

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Forgot to post this pic of my front door, I found this at the TS for $250.00.
    Frou
    {{gwi:149192}}

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Hahaha! Frou....you are just too funny...$250...I don't think so! I seem to remember you saying it was $2.50 or there abouts!

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know I've got red and blue glass I was saving for a july 4 totem. Maybe if I find it now, I can put one togethere tomorrow before work. I like your totems and pinwheels frou!
    Kathy

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Marlene, it was a very high end thrift store, LOL. Not really, I'm such an igit.
    Frou

• mischief329
    13 years ago

I made a patchwork flag, Pottery Barn style using scrap wood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Patchwork Flag

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Mischief, that flag is so creative. I love the folk-art feeling of it.
    Frou

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nice Mischief! (I commented on your blog too)
    I just went out and bought some more red white and blue. Plus a bunch of plates to break for mosaic. Gotta hide those b-4 dh gets home! Then I can pull something decorative together for the 4th!
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Love the patchwork flag!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Loving it all!!!

• cait1
    13 years ago

Frou, I love your vignette. And the $250- wreath is AMAZING! ;-)

Mischief, LOVE your flag. Very folk artsy. You have a very good artist's eye - the colors are perfectly balanced.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Frou, love your vignette. That bowling ball goes perfectly! What a find! And that $250 door decoration! Did Martha Washington make that too? he-he I gotta razz you with the rest of the folks over that typo.

Grandma_cindy, I bet your window will look adorable once it is painted. I like that patchwork idea.

And mischief329, that flag is just grand! You did a great job copying the one from Pottery Barn. And the price of yours can't be beat!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Frou your $250!! sign looks great!!Mischief, your patchwork is a work of art. I made 1 quilt, what a mess, wouldn't even try it with wood! You did a wonderful job! I made a paver Uncle Sam & posted it last year but I think it is lost in Cyberspace, don't know if I could find it & get it in Photobucket or not. Son is here for weekend so maybe DD could help me get it written down how to get pics out of where she put them!! I will be home Sun. night protecting my home. Some of neighbors get little wild with the fireworks & have ended up on my roof. LOL Not the neighbors, the fireworks! Ha! Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hey Gang, sorry I'm late to posting here. We have an album with holiday and Patriotic stuff in it. I should have reminded you sooner.

Mischief, that patchwork flag is fabulous and needs to go in our album for sure.

Jan, fireworks on your roof is definitely something to worry about. Hope your neighbors a little less wild this
    year.

Frou, stay the heck out of those super expensive thrift stores. Sheeesh. $250. LOL, great typo.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ patriotic n Holiday album

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

{{gwi:149194}} This was last years--the bb fell apart this year--it is the only one that ever has for me--I think it was the paint I used.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I made a red white and blue totem and plate flower.
    {{gwi:140330}}
    But I can't find my stuff to attach the plate flower to a post :(
    So I took a pic of it on the ground. Doesn't do justice to the red back plate. {{gwi:149196}}
    The totem is out front. In the late afternoon sun and heat. I figure I can move it after the 4th.
    {{gwi:149198}}

Kathy

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Thank You for making my day with your Patriotic Creations and your mischievious POSTS, LOL
    This Forum/Blog is a blessing for me!

God Bless America!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Beautiful decorations everyone!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Kathy your totem is lovely! Also the plate flower. Deb the BB is so nice, maybe you can redo it, 1 of nicest tributes I've seen. Liked the others too. Since this is July 4th post, we have total ban on fireworks! Ha, Ha, Ha! They are all around me but lucky for me neighbors aren't doing anything. If I sat on my roof I could really get an eyeful!! We are in a drought so have to use water sparingly. Too short of weekend tho. DS over with DD & kids watching fireworks,(DS returning to So. Dak. in morning) we had BBQ with youngest bro & bro. that lives here, I had a hot dog!!! 1st in over 20 years!! Allergic to nitrates but OM has Angus ones without them!! A bit salty, for me, but sure did taste good! Happy 4th everybody!! Jan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful, everyone! Great GJ (art!) TFS your ideas! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area