Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need ideas for tree stump

Posted by msjay2u 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 13:04

I had a tree cut down but could not afford to have it cut all the way down so I left it kind of tall. I was kind of hoping that someone can come in and carve it like a totem pole but I had the idea before I checked the prices and not I am stuck with a large stump. What can I do creative with this? Thanks!!!
and this is all that was left.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need ideas for tree stump

ugggggh I forgot to check the box to be notified of followup messages (why isn't that check by default?) I am going to resubit so please don't respond to this one. Gonna title it totem pole gone bad

o

This may not be possible for you,but there are people who do chain saw carving and may be able to turn your stump into a work of art. My sister has friends who have had that done to their big stumps.
-Sprout

o

Can you have the stump cut closer to the ground? My last garden had three large (30" diameter) stumps. They were about 18" high. I asked my son to hack out a "basin" in them which I filled with potting soil and planted with annuals.

o

I have a stump like that and it was left tall on purpose. I have a painted pot up there that I plant up with bright flowers. The planting changes with the season. Planting a climbing vine to grow up it might be an option if you have some soil to work with around the base. I like the stump!

o

Well, it wasn't quite so thick as this, but I knew someone who used theirs as a sign post. They picked like twelve or fifteen spots all over the globe...their favorite spots. Then they painted simple signs on two by fours (and aged them) for the destinations. Like juneau, ak 4,406 miles and an arrow. It was really neat looking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here