Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meet our new addition!

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 13:05

DH has been working on a new creation for the past couple of days since he took a few vacation days. Meet his latest garden creation....a 4 foot long grasshopper! He used some old farm implements, he cut apart one of my swirlies for the wings and the eyes are old spoons. LOVE the way he turned out!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meet our new addition!

Oh I love it!!!
Is he taking orders?? :)

o

You are one lucky girl, that is darling. I love how the swirlie wings turned out. Do you think up the designs or does he?
Frou

o

AMAZING !! Totally AMAZING !! It's gorgeous !!

o

We generally work as a team. The base and "legs" have been sitting in our woods for years and everytime I would see them, I'd tell him that they looked like a grasshopper. He was in between projects, so I printed off a grasshopper picture and we went from there. We're a pretty good design team...done everything together from build our house to renovate campers to making garden junk! I think after 33 years..DH is a keeper! ;-)

o

The grasshopper is totally awesome! You'lls talents are amazing and how wonderful that you guys can work so well together! His wings are perfect!

o

Thats amazing. You guys are a great team.
Kahy

o

AWSOME!!! That is so cool! Love, love, love it!

o

I'm with Linda, is he taking orders??? LOL. I love, How long is it it? looks about 3 ft?
Hopefuly it'll scare the pants out bad bugs LOL

o

That is so cute! Great imagination.

o

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Nice work!

o

You're so right...he is a keeper. Where I see art my HD sees junk. This is one GREAT sculpture! I'd love to see him in my yard.

o

He's 1 handsome grasshopper! You & DH make a very creative team!Love the wings! Jan

o

Marlene, your grasshopper is totally awesome and so is your DH. You are one lucky girl!
Marylee

o

Great imagination and recycling.
I'd rather see those old farm implements in your garden then scrapped and shipped to China.

o

I never liked grasshoppers...till now. That is one cool looking 'hopper.

Now I get Tinfoil's comment that his gigantic bird "eats 4 ft grasshoppers". LOL.

Your DH is quite a guy!
hugs, Karen

o

I WANT him!!!!!!!! LOL
He is beautiful!

o

I want one! He is awesome! Man those would sell like *hotcakes*

o

I want one too! Can I borrow your husband?? Just kidding of course. You are one lucky gal though!

o

You're lucky to have such a talented husband! i would order one if they were for sale. (grasshopper, not husband!)

o

He is perfect! I love him! Yeah, you could sell those!

o

I can't believe I didn't post a response to this here! I just love John's grasshopper! He comes up with the most amazing stuff. You are one lucky gal!

o

I love your new addition!!

o

Very creative! I love old farm junk & use it everywhere...but you two have created original art! Yikes, he should be very helpful in the garden! TFS, Marlene! Jeanne s. ***& the 'swirly' is perfect! Great recycling!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here