Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i did it! glass totem

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 13:19

I really wanted to get this patriotic totem done before the 4th, where we have a big picnic before the fireworks. It is for table decoration, not the garden, hence the right-side-up plates, which I'll use for snacks, confetti, or who knnows!

Here is a link that might be useful: My First Totem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i did it! glass totem

I also put together matching votive and taper holders, one of each combined, so you can use them either way - just flip em over!

Here is a link that might be useful: taper/votive holders

o

Nice! isn't it good when you can get a project done and not think about it any more? :)

o

Good ideas, and very festive for the 4th!
Kathy

o

Pretty and patriotic -Perfect for the 4th, Cindy! I really like the idea of your versatile taper/votive candle holders -clever!

o

You did do it, and very well I might add. I love the patriotic colors. The litle candle holders are a good idea too. You'll be hooked before you know it.
Frou

o

Well, great first totem Cindy! Love the patriotic theme and the fact that you can use it on the table as decoration AND a serving piece! And the candleholders are wonderful...very creative!

o

Thanks ladies. They are lots of fun, and so is the hunt for glassware! :-D

o

Love the Red, white, and blue! Hope you have a fun 4th! Your guests will be very pleased.

o

COOL!!!!

o

Lucky you to find a red vase! They aren't so easy to come by. I like the idea that your totem can be used as a garden decoration or a serving piece too. It would look great on a 4th of July buffet. Ditto for the clever candle holders too! Keep the totems coming!

o

Totem & holders will make a very festive table for the 4th!! What a fun new idea!! Jan

o

How neat. I really love the little votive holders you did.
What a good idea!

Karen

o

OK, I've got 4 plate flowers made now too. Well, they're not hanging yet, just put together until DH cuts my PVC pipe. TG for GW!

Here is a link that might be useful: plate flowers

o

Wow...nice for the 4th of July decor! Love the RW&B glass! You did great! Your plate flowers will be cute in the garden also! Looks like a countertop full of glass in your album...bet you're hooked! LOL! TFS, g'cindy! Jeanne S.

o

ohhhhhhh Jeanne, you have no idea! My DH has threatened to take my lapton away so I cannot find any more ideas LOLOL

o

what fantastic decorating ideas.. they were a hit i bet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here