Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathywi_gw

Dressform flowers

KathyWI
11 years ago

I made this dress form from metal fencing and planted it with wave petunias. It is even large now than when this picture was taken.

Comments (26)

• rock_oak_deer
    11 years ago

Pretty! It's beautiful and those wave petunias are perfect for that form.

• cnm1
    11 years ago

That is so cool - I am impressed. I am amazed at all the ideas that I find here!!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

She is going to be the "belle of the ball" once she fills in the top, the bottom is lovely, do you have to wind them around her & tie on or how does that work? Jan

• diggery
    11 years ago

Impressive! What an imagination you have. I never ceased to be amazed by the ingenuity & creativeness around here. Maybe it'll rubb off on me eventually, lol. TFS

blessings,
    ~digger

• KathyWI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The top is not going to fill in it will just stay the metal form. The bottom has a hanging basket in it that will just continue to grow down. It is now about 1 foot from the ground. Not shown in the picture is a chair with a purse planted with mini pansies and shoes planted with succulents.

• kacram
    11 years ago

that is GREAT!

• diggery
    11 years ago

Haha...the purse & shoes are definitely necessary accessories for the belle of the ball. What fun!
    Love this vignette

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Well that is just too cool! Looks beautiful! What an ingenious idea. Thanks for sharing with us!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Ok, so you wired the hanging basket to the form or is it sitting on a stool or post? I'm sure someone will want to make this as it is so cute. Still think those wave petunias are going to go up a ways but only ones I've seen out here have tiny flowers & are at least $4 for small pot. I'd want a couple of colors, I looked for seeds but didn't make it over to 1 nursery that might have them. I think they would be easier to grow than the ruffled petunias which I love but if they like the spot they sometimes last 2-3 yrs. I was told the wave ones are easy to grow! Jan

• nonacook
    11 years ago

How CUTE!!!!

• laurastheme
    11 years ago

OMG! What a brilliant idea. I keep wishing I could come up with something original.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• KathyWI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wish this was my concept but I seen a phote of a real wire dressform used in a garden. I wanted it to be lifesize and could not afford to buy one. So I made my own form. I am so pleased with how it turned out though.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow, you took an idea & transformed it into your own! Looks great! & I bet the chair w/purse & shoes is adorable! Your Wave Petunia color combo is beautiful! Sweet! TFS! Jeanne S.

• KathyWI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Late July update of dressform flowers

• frankielynnsie
    11 years ago

I love it. That is one healthy petunia. What have you been fertilizing it with? Can we see the purse and shoes too?

• KathyWI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am using all purpose plant food 20-20-20 once a week.
    And here is the purse and shoes.

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

She really is the "belle of the ball" 2 pr of dancing shoes no less!! And what a pretty purse with all the sunny flowers! Love it! Jan

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

L.O.V.E. this!!!!

• frankielynnsie
    11 years ago

I love this sooo much that I will need to try this next year. A hat would make another good accessory. Thrift store here I come.

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

WOW!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! The petunia has filled out so beautifully....what a creative idea! Thanks so much for the updated picture!

• jlily
    11 years ago

Wonderful ! With the flowers and shoes, etc. all coordinating with color. TYFS Jlily

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Had to have another look...this is sooo adorable!!! Thanks for posting more pics!!!

• arcy_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! I have two wire Christmas angels I took the lights off and have a vine growing for their skirts. I have been very happy with them until now when I see the pretty colors!! I wish I had sun and they could have flower skirts!!

• indigosunshine
    11 years ago

Kathy, what a spectacular addition to your garden! I have a similar dress form but didn't get it planted. Seeing yours I can't wait 'til next year. Thanks for the pictures and the inspiration! Carol

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Wow ...she certainly turned into the bell of the ball! ...a gorgeous gown! & love her purse & shoes ...is that frog the 'secret prince?' ;-) TFS another pic! Jeanne S.

• calicocat1967
    11 years ago

Wow that is fantastic. Can't wait to do this next year. Love how you color coordinate everything. Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County