Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dressform flowers

Posted by KathyWI none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 13:30

I made this dress form from metal fencing and planted it with wave petunias. It is even large now than when this picture was taken.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dressform flowers

Pretty! It's beautiful and those wave petunias are perfect for that form.

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 15:51

That is so cool - I am impressed. I am amazed at all the ideas that I find here!!

o

She is going to be the "belle of the ball" once she fills in the top, the bottom is lovely, do you have to wind them around her & tie on or how does that work? Jan

o

Impressive! What an imagination you have. I never ceased to be amazed by the ingenuity & creativeness around here. Maybe it'll rubb off on me eventually, lol. TFS

blessings,
~digger

o

The top is not going to fill in it will just stay the metal form. The bottom has a hanging basket in it that will just continue to grow down. It is now about 1 foot from the ground. Not shown in the picture is a chair with a purse planted with mini pansies and shoes planted with succulents.

o

that is GREAT!

o

Haha...the purse & shoes are definitely necessary accessories for the belle of the ball. What fun!
Love this vignette

o

Well that is just too cool! Looks beautiful! What an ingenious idea. Thanks for sharing with us!

o
RE: Dressform

Ok, so you wired the hanging basket to the form or is it sitting on a stool or post? I'm sure someone will want to make this as it is so cute. Still think those wave petunias are going to go up a ways but only ones I've seen out here have tiny flowers & are at least $4 for small pot. I'd want a couple of colors, I looked for seeds but didn't make it over to 1 nursery that might have them. I think they would be easier to grow than the ruffled petunias which I love but if they like the spot they sometimes last 2-3 yrs. I was told the wave ones are easy to grow! Jan

o

How CUTE!!!!

o

OMG! What a brilliant idea. I keep wishing I could come up with something original.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o

I wish this was my concept but I seen a phote of a real wire dressform used in a garden. I wanted it to be lifesize and could not afford to buy one. So I made my own form. I am so pleased with how it turned out though.

o

Wow, you took an idea & transformed it into your own! Looks great! & I bet the chair w/purse & shoes is adorable! Your Wave Petunia color combo is beautiful! Sweet! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Late July update of dressform flowers

o

I love it. That is one healthy petunia. What have you been fertilizing it with? Can we see the purse and shoes too?

o

I am using all purpose plant food 20-20-20 once a week.
And here is the purse and shoes.

o
RE: Flowers

She really is the "belle of the ball" 2 pr of dancing shoes no less!! And what a pretty purse with all the sunny flowers! Love it! Jan

o

L.O.V.E. this!!!!

o

I love this sooo much that I will need to try this next year. A hat would make another good accessory. Thrift store here I come.

o

WOW!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! The petunia has filled out so beautifully....what a creative idea! Thanks so much for the updated picture!

o

Wonderful ! With the flowers and shoes, etc. all coordinating with color. TYFS Jlily

o

Had to have another look...this is sooo adorable!!! Thanks for posting more pics!!!

o

Beautiful!! I have two wire Christmas angels I took the lights off and have a vine growing for their skirts. I have been very happy with them until now when I see the pretty colors!! I wish I had sun and they could have flower skirts!!

o

Kathy, what a spectacular addition to your garden! I have a similar dress form but didn't get it planted. Seeing yours I can't wait 'til next year. Thanks for the pictures and the inspiration! Carol

o

Wow ...she certainly turned into the bell of the ball! ...a gorgeous gown! & love her purse & shoes ...is that frog the 'secret prince?' ;-) TFS another pic! Jeanne S.

o

Wow that is fantastic. Can't wait to do this next year. Love how you color coordinate everything. Thanks for sharing.

Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here