Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
angels

Posted by linjon 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 13:38

Last winter/spring I posted photos of some angels DH had painted over the winter. I said I would post pictures of them in our garden when I was able to get them there. Here is the first one.I am sorry for so many postings but I do not know how to post more then one photo at a time.

This post was edited by linjon on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 13:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: angels

another photo

o

another angel

o

another photo

o

lamp post

o

Wow! Like your lamp post, looks like mosaic around bottom too! Cute angels & nice painting! TFS Jan

o

I have the same angels!! They do fade. What sort of paint did you use? Often new paint seems very bright on them and I don't really like the look. Yours look very natural.

o

Very pretty angels in your garden. They look pretty nestled among the hostas. LOVE your lamp post! Please do tell us what type of pipe did you use? metal or PVC

o

The angels look great in your garden and your lamp post is very bright and pretty too!

o

I'm a garden angel fan, too! I have a little area in my back yard as a memory garden and in it I have quite a few angels...some are made for the garden and others are "inside" angels I've either repainted or left as-is. Yours are really pretty! And your lamp post is delicious!

o

My DH painted the angels using oil based paint with hardener added. The hardener is the same as you would put in car paint. They were all a grey color and had started to look a bit rough from being out in the weather. I have put them in a shaded spot so that they won't get the hot sun beating on them. I am hoping that will help keeping them from fading.

The lamp post was painted with oil based paint and does have some mosaic on the base of it. I wanted to attempt doing some and decided to try it with the lamp post. The post is made from the center of a gas water heater and is metal. My DH gave it to me and suggested I see if I could do something in the garden with it. It has a solar light in the top of it. The painting was just free hand playing around. I have another lamp post that I have simply painted black that is near the first one. They mark a pathway we have in this part of the garden.

This post was edited by linjon on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 23:20

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here