Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My thrift store finds....

Posted by doodys 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 25, 10 at 13:41

this stuff cost me about ten dollars and came from St Joseph's and GW.The flowers are candle holders but I see solar lights on them or I can make a totem and solar light project from them.I just love anything with beads including the belt which my DH found cause he just knew I would strip it for just that purpose...to use the beads.The little vases from Walmart were still in the box so couldn't pass them up.The bells can be used on a wind chime and the tall candle holder will probably also hold a solar light.I couldn't pass up the blue plate because they are not easy to find here.All in all I think I did good..:)
thrift store finds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My thrift store finds....

Great score!
I totally LOVE the flowers!!! You'll have to post a follow up pic to show what you did with them :o)

o

What great buys! That is a great idea about the beads off the belt too. I'll have to start checking belt bins, they usually have lots. You could also get some for chains. I'm always needing chains. Looks like a fun day at TS.
Frou

o

Looks like you did good! Love the flowers and the blue plate...you can do all kinds of things with that group of loot!

o

Neat finds, especially the flower votives. They will look pretty in the sunlight!

hugs, Karen

o

Pretty flowers! I do the same thing with beads but I strip old jewelry. Although I have been known to do belts too. Be sure to post pictures of your finished projects. I bet the flowers would make cool solar lights. I love those little vases too.

Bob and I went to a thrift store today. Well we went there yesterday too. I just bought some books yesterday and Bob got some hardware for cabinets (knobs and hinges). I saw a dresser I liked and couldn't decide if I wanted it or not. When we were checking out, we found out that all furniture, books, glassware, etc. would be half off today! So we had to go back. So now you know what I do on my vacation days! lol!

o

I see solar lights & a totem in your future!! Blue plates are scarce here also. Glad you had a good TS day! Jan

o

I know what you mean about the blue plate. I just found almost a whole set at GW. 6 large plates, 6 small plates and a few bowls! I'm in heaven planning :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here