Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New glass bowling ball

Posted by excessfroufrou 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 13:57

Here is my new BB that I covered in crash glass, it was hard to get a good pic.
Frou
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New glass bowling ball

OOOhhh ---- Looks like a big , icy snowball !!! I love it !

o

It does look like a giant ice ball....LOVE that since it's over 100 degrees here today!

o

LOVE it......looks like it might hurt to pick it up! Worth the ouch.....cause it's gorgeous

o

Frou, that is one really neat bowling ball!
Marylee

o

Cool!!!!

o

I would never know that it was a bowling ball! That is so neat! You guys got me hooked on GJ. So creative!

o

I love it! I've read about crash glass before, but don't know much about it. Is it sharp? Where do you get it? How did you glue it on? I have 2 bowling balls just waiting for a dress up.

o

My 1st thought was of ocean water swirling around (like on a very windy day), 2nd was of a snowball. Take your pick! Both are pretty cool! Looks great! Jan

o

ICE Ball...how beautiful. I'd love to see it in the sunlight in real life!
I can't imagine the patience it took to do this either. WOW.

hugs, Karen

o

Fantastic! What was your technique?
I like your bottles too.
Kathy

o

As usual, I have the crash glass and the BB--But I am OLD and then to procrastinate! LOL
You can usually get glass at wind shield and car window replacement places. Take a 5 gallon bucket! Or maybe they will just give you a window and let you break it.

o

Thanks guys. I have to confess this was the easiest project ever. I just spread GE II very thickly all over (sections) and then took hand fulls of glass and patted them on. After each section dried I brushed off the excess. It took about 3 gluings, letting each dry in between. I get my tempered glass from the glass/cutting store. They usually have stacks of used glass for really cheap. It's really not very sharp, I didn't wear gloves. But you should be careful, especially picking it up afterward.
Frou

o

This is beautiful, frou! And the stand you chose to place it if perfect, too! I just walked past a pc of glass I had DH save from an old fridge & was thinking I need to use that for something! Your BB is unique! I think it should be very 'frou, frou' in your gardens! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Really beautiful. Very unusual and gorgeous.

o

Love it! I have a friend with a bunch of BB's and will have to show her this. Maybe she will make me one.
Suzq

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here