Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonergirl1968

Butterfly bath/fountain/totem thing

soonergirl1968
13 years ago

Decided to try my hand at the totem thing :)

{{gwi:150493}}

Comments (18)

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

omg!...what a perfect way to carry the lines of delicate glass, straight down to the firm, cast lines of that cement..
    way to go!

now do tell, is that one of the things you cast?
    and the stem pf that is really interesting..gotta see more of a close up and details of all about it..

don't ask for much, do I???

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Actually, the birdbath was here when I bought the house. Pretty neat, huh? I love it but thought I'd add something for the butterflies, too!! :)

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

Magical, the way it catches the light; delightfully tierful, -Beautifully done, Soonergirl!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

My you are a busy, busy girl. The totem/birdbath turned out great. The colors in that flower bed are really pretty and well thought out.
    Frou

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Very nice! Yes I love that big heavy glass paned bottom pc actually in the water and then the lighter daintier ones above, with the little moat for the butterflies. Have you seen any of them used it yet? That would be a treat. Always keep your camera with you, you never know. It looks great there.

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

B U tiful!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

is the rock quarry stone work, your house or is it a stone wall?
    very pretty all together.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY pretty! Love the lines of the totem and the idea of putting it in the birdbath is great....I may have to try that too! Your garden looks lovely too!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Very nicely put together. The glass totem is lovely, but omg I want that bird bath!
    Kathy

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Yes, that is a GREAT birdbath!! I wish I had another one in the back yard. I bought one at the swap meet for $5 for a mosaic project which I like but it's not near as pretty as this one! Good enough for mosaic though!!

Becky - That is my house. The WHOLE thing is done in that stone. Apparently, the guy who built it in the 30's was pretty scared of tornados because even the INTERIOR walls are all made of stone & concrete and are about 10" thick! It's like a dungeon!! lol :) Cell phone reception stinks!!

• indylisa
    13 years ago

very pretty!!!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

very pretty !!

• liljunkr
    13 years ago

Very pretty.

I wonder why you put a butterfly bath in the same area you want to attract birds. I would expect the birds are probably going to think of the Butterfly Bath more along the lines of a snack tray.

LIL

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Lol @ Lil! You could be right. Let's hope not. Maybe the birds will think of the birdbath as the bathtub and the glass dish as a drinking dish.

Sooner, it is very pretty but then so is your entire garden! And I love the stone of your house. Not so sure I'd like it on the inside walls but it is beautiful stone. Keep those beautiful pictures coming!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Beautiful. And I love the stone on your house. I think I'd also love it inside since I'm nuts about rocks!

The way you're creating things, I think I need you to bottle up and send me a bit of your energy. Tho I have a good excuse right now...June in Phoenix. sigh. 113.
    So I'm not spending much time outside till end of Oct. LOL.

Karen

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL!! Honestly, I hadn't thought of attracting butterflies to where the birds are! Oh well, it's really more for looks than anything and they seem to coexist in the garden as it is now.

The walls INSIDE the house are stone & concrete but are all covered with plaster. Yeah, I love stone but think that would be a little much for me, too!! :) They are just super thick and it takes a hammer drill to hang even the smallest picture!! But since I live in tornado alley it's worth the trouble!

Karen - I do understand the heat!! We aren't as hot as you by any means though. We had a cold front and now we are in the low 90's - very nice!! I am one of those obsessive people who looses focus real fast but whatever I'm doing at the time, I do it at 100 mph. Last month it was my yard, this month it's "junk", next month we could be back to cake decorating, who knows??? My friends and family know EXACTLY how I am and get a kick out of it. They ask, "So what's the obsession of the month?" lol

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Beautiful birdbath & beautiful butterfly additions! Love the stone of your home also! Jeanne S.

• crazyone
    13 years ago

so delicate and sparkly.. does it stay fairly clean?
    love the way you put it together.. just the right amount of everything.
    lovely job

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21