Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Someone told me just where to go

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 26, 10 at 14:44

------- no - not there ! LOL

I posted an ad on Craig's list under 'wanted' - I asked if anyone had old railroad items that I can weld into yard art. (of course I said I just learned to weld ) I got a reply back from a guy that said "If you like to make garden junk - you have to check out this guys welded sculptures ..... you'll be amazed....and he even gave me the directions to it ! SO - that my my "birthday road trip" ( the real gift was DH keeping his mouth shut and not making fun of the stuff ! ) LOL Most of it is abstract ... but it's still neat . Pics :

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Someone told me just where to go

Some very cool stuff here....I'll bet it was amazing to wander around and take it all in.

o

WOW! He should get you to take pics for his website! I like all the stuff you photographed more than the stuff in the galleries of his! NICE stuff!!Did he sell ya any scrap?

o

Boy, I am lovin' that 1st pic especially...suns, moon, stars, shapes...wow...would look great on my old barn door projects! Luv it! TFS his stuff! Jeanne s.

o

Just amazing!

o

Wow, lol glad it wasn't there, but this stuff amazing. I love the peacock w. the trumpet tail, love it! Please make sure you post your welded yard art when you get onto that.

o

Wow -How creative! The horntailed songbird caught my eye too. Very cool! Thank you for sharing your b-day roadtrip!

o

love the totem and bird with horn tail. where is this guy located?

o

Love the bird!
I like a LOT of his stuff.
cool pig! LOL

o

I enjoyed seeing all the pieces all of them are very interesting and creative. I too like the horntailed song bird.

Sylvia

o

I love the 1 in center of 1st pic. Sort of a beach scene all in 1. all those colors!! I like the horn bird too. Jan

o

Incredible. I'd love to visit that place.
Kathy

o

He's located in Colgate , Wi . The map & everything is listed on his webpage. The place is very neat - even with having all that junk ! He has alot of woods to hide everything. I saw ( faded ) price tags on alot of his stuff ... big $$$ .... ! I would have loved to watch him work . Maybe next time !

o

What cool stuff! I'll have to check him out sometime (I found his website - look up Paul Bobrowitz). I have seen one of his sculptures in Waukesha. Didn't know he was a local guy! His stuff kind of reminds me of Dr. Evermor's Forevertron (somewhere I'm going to visit this summer if I have to crawl there!). Thanks so much for sharing TMG!

o

How cool!!! I wish I knew how to weld!!!

o

Amazing!!! He's been a very busy beaver...and a clever one at that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here