Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Flower Instruction w/pix

Posted by excessfroufrou 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 14:50

Start with 3 cans. Cut the tops off 2 of the cans and cut off the bottom of the other can with about an inch of the can left. On the 2 cans mark the bottom into 8 sections with a sharpie. Cut down the side of the can at each mark until you reach the bottom. Fold out each petal.

Photobucket

Cut each petal to the shape you want. Stack them on top of each other and glue together, then poke 2 holes all the way through. Thread a piece of wire to the back side (this is what you'll use to attach them to things).
Photobucket
Now glue the flower center( the remaining can bottom) in place. I use a box cutter and then scissors to cut the cans and GE II to glue them. Photobucket

You can paint when finished or if you want 2 tone flowers, then paint befor you assemble them.
Photobucket

Frou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Flower Instruction w/pix

SOOOOOO cool! Thanks!!!

o

hmmmm I see storebought ones like that for outrageous prices!
I love yor vibrant colors BEST!

o

Very nice and very nice instruictions
Thanks for sharing

o

good tute and cool flowers frou!
I kind of like the can colors too.
Kathy

o

thanks for sharing your great tutorial

o

Nice tutorial--thanks!

o

Those are so pretty! I love the painted ones, too. Are the leaves cut from cans as well? And may I ask what the stem is?

Awesome tute, thank you. :o)

o

Thank you so much !! I feel a weekend project coming on !

o

Th You I want to make some too! I all my spare time !!!!! Ha!!!!!!!1

o

Thanks for the easy instructions, Frou! I found some on the internet after seeing your privacy fence post. They can get rather elaborate. Your instructions were much easier to following than others I have seen. Thanks so much for sharing! Now I need to go buy something in aluminum cans ...

o

I have smaller cans of Low sodium V8 juice, also pineapple juice in smaller cans. Also larger v8 cans so I will have to give it a try! Great tutorial! Thanks! Jan

o

I wonder how one would look on a plate flower, if you cant find a "center".......

o

What a great tutorial!!!! Thank you! I want to make these!! I have plenty of Bud Light cans of different sizes! LOL I loved the ones you made on your other post! I thought it might be fun to try little mirrors in the center...I wonder if Michaels sells that size? I know they sell smaller, round ones. Thank you for sharing a GREAT idea!!! You are so dog-gone creative! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

such a cute idea.. thanks for sharing

o

Thanks for bringing this to the top again. Great idea.

o

Neat idea and great tutorial. I like the flowers. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Thanks for the tutorial, and thanks crazyone for bumping it up - not sure how, but I missed this the first time around! Yet one more project to add to the list (already have the cans saved up!)

Sheryll

o

this is something I could do inisde in the blizzard, but I actually dont have any cans! Gotta get some.
My airplanes made out of cans slowly disintegrated over time, hanging on the porch. Does the painting help them last or is it inevitable that alum. cans fall apart over time?
Kathy

o

Wow great direction I love these very neato.
Angie

Here is a link that might be useful: Dont throw that away 2#

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here