Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bricks and things

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 14:58

I added 6 pictures to my photobucket account rather than post them individually:I'm getting sooo lazy. The pictures were taken with my MP3 player so don't judge them for quality.

Better than a pile of bricks - and the glass adds some needed color.

Yes, the orange ball is a refinished bowling ball mounted on top of a single cast iron foot (from an old stove). The brick is a painted concrete brick, Anubis is a metal silhouette and the star is a trinket.

Here is a link that might be useful: My photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bricks and things

So Robert, did you hold up the local brick yard? You've been a busy guy...certainly not lazy! All of your "orbs" are very cool! Anubis is great looking and I think my favorite is the one that looks like it's made from pulley wheels. TFS!

o

I Like them all!!! Especially the frog prince and the egyptian dog guy? and the stacked thing that looks like a space needle! Great suff! I just bought 4 cast aluminum camels at a fleamarket and now am inspired to incorporate them into something stacked!!!

o

I'm running out of adjectives to describe your work ! It's clever and artistic , to say the least !
I wish I had some of your energy and creativity (8-0)

What I would really really like to see are pictures of "your stash". I'm imagining mountains of "parts" .
We have an artist in my area that makes things like you do. You can drive through his property and admire things as you go. You know what I admired the most ??? This huge mountain of stainless steel "things" behind his garage ! LOL

It had to be 20' high and 60' around. I would die for a stash like that ! Can you take a pic of yours ?

o

Here is a pic of my camels....

o

I always love your 'stuff' and the things you make with it!
Like the sound the gong/bell and you have.
I have several propane tanks that Bill cut for me before he died, and I have been procrastinating (and pulled muscle, sicatic nerve and other various things) about
getting them painted and hung. Hope mine sound as good as yours.
Keep up the good work!

o

you never cease to amaze...wish you could bottle up some of that glorious "brain energy" and send to Cali.. awesome works of art... :)

o

Love the sculptures...esp using the bricks! The Anubis is really cool! You make such wonderful creations, Robert! TFS your pics! Jeanne S.

o

Love the sculptures...esp using the bricks! The Anubis is really cool! You make such wonderful creations, Robert! TFS your pics! Jeanne S.

o

Nice work Robert. Is that some hyperturfa? Looks like you have been very busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here