Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird Chandelier

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 3, 10 at 14:59

Finally got this project finished since it's been in the mid 90's today! This was fun and pretty easy too...the best kind of project. Total cost: $10

BEFORE:

Chandi before

AFTER:

Bird Chandi

bird chandi 3

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden junk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird Chandelier

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! A TOTAL Transformation !!!!!!!

It looks wonderful . Welcome to the "Bird Chandelier Club " ~~~ LOL

o

That is adorable, I love the little birds, just the right touch of color. And of course I love the blingy crystals. You did a superb job and hope you didn't get too hot. Your yard and out-buildings are looking good too. You inspired me with your post to do a bird chandelier too, and so far I have everything but the birds.
Frou

o

What a fabulous transformation! That turned out perfect.
I have a small chandy I might try that with on my back patio. I love seeing old chandeliers repurposed for the yard.

hugs, Karen

o

So CUTE!

o

Great makeover! Looks great on your porch/patio area hanging there! Like the scale of the birds in this chandy & the crystals, too! TFS! (worth the wait for the birds, uh?) Jeanne S.

o

Its lovely Marlene!
Great job.
Kathy

o

I just love it !!!

o

Wonderful job, Marlene! You picked great birds for it too. Love the bling that you added to the plain chandelier. That chandelier would have been a great choice for a bird feeder with the tea cups on it too. The bulb sockets look like they are just the right distance apart. What did you use for the nests?

o

Nice job & sweet birds(they don't mess either) ! Jan

o

ohh, that's so adorable! what a nice chandelier style,too :D i love the birds idea :D
kudzu/cherry

o

Thanks all for the nice compliments! I did find the birds at Dollar tree thanks to Toomuchglass' suggestion. I used rafia for the nests...wound it on my fingers, then hot glued it in. Then just glued the birds on. The birds are really seagulls...they came on little logs. I got DH to cut that part off and they worked just fine. I may have to find another one soon and make one for the garden or gazebo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here