Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Well bucket planter post

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

This is a picture of the planter post with the flowers actually in the well buckets. We've already had a chickadee family and a house wren family raise their young ones in this house this year...

{{gwi:150897}}

Comments (12)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is picture perfect and I can see why you had a bird family move right in, I know I would. I adore that color and after you posted the birdhouse pic, I decided to use it. I am doing a glass on glass project in those colors and it would look great with your grouping in my yard (just kidding).
    Frou

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That's wonderful, Marlene. And so neat you already had birds move in. The blue color you chose is so pretty too.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Marlene...I am loving this vignette...but what calls to me is the "Mandevilla" vine flowers you planted in the buckets! That's what I planted in my door arbor hanging pot last yr., watered it EVERY day (almost) & it gave back the most gorgeous flower show all summer long! Tried to save it over winter, but didn't succeed so bought some individual plants & it's out there again!

Your birdhouse is so pretty & happy to hear it's being used! Love the colors. That's awesome! Looked at the first few of your album pics & your tipsy bucket flowers looks wonderful, too! I planted hot pink "wave petunia's" in the top 3 buckets this yr. & some Dusty Miller & blue lobelia...will share pics. I love the looks of your tipsy bucket by the house!

The bluish matching chair in this vignette is snuggled right in there! Love it! TFS! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Pretty nifty! Such an elegant bird house.
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I just love that color blue! So soft and pretty. And that bracket holding up the buckets is just gorgeous! What was it in a previous life? Even the pulley is pretty. And your birdhouse is something else! What bird wouldn't want to call it home with such awesome curb appeal? I like the addition of the blue chair too. Is that a cute little fairy sitting on the edge of the chair? I don't need to see the angel there to know that is a birdy heaven!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Glad your birdie B & B has had some customers!! Lots of amenities to please them!! Really filled in nice in that area. Jan

• princess_mimi
    13 years ago

Wow! I love it all!

~~Mimi

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Glad you have birds in the house!
    Love the pulley and buckets!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just noticed how crooked my post and angel statue look! I swear I wasn't drunk when I took this picture....I just can't see the dang small screen anymore on my camera....I was outside in the midday heat, sweating to beat the band and trying to put my reading glasses on, but sweating too much to make it, so I just snapped the picture and ran inside...guess I should have paid more attention!

• maggiejoe
    13 years ago

marlene, don't worry about the angle; it's a beautiful pic. i never thought to use mandevilla as a hanging plant; i've only used it as a climber; what a neat idea!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Marlene, I LOVE this vignette! I love the colorful buckets! That chair is awesome too!!!!!! I love it all!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

LOL, Marlene, its okay if your camera was a bit "tipsy".
    We love any and all photos.

hugs, Karen