Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Hi! This forum has inspired me.

ncamy
13 years ago

I recently found this forum when searching for ideas on how to make a flower "bed" out of an old bed. Wow! Now I see all sorts of things I can do. It immediately inspired me to start searching local for neat things to use in the garden. Already I have scored a claw foot tub and a wooden screen door, both FREE off of craigslist. My DH and I are in the process of downsizing and are about to build in Asheville, NC. I have oodles of glassware, silver and china from my mother's and grandmother's estates that we had planned to sell at an estate sell. Knowing that I will not get anything for these things, I am thrilled to have found a new use for them.

You guys have done a great job in the FAQ section. I was going to ask a bunch of questions but it seems you've already answered everything.

It may be awhile before I have anything to share, but I'm sure I'll be checking in quite often.

Comments (8)

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Welcome ncamy!! It sounds like you are sitting on a goldmine of glasware, and you scored some very impresive freebies from Craigslist. A claw foot tub has been on my wishlist for ages. I saw ONE for sale and the guy wanted $200. I think everyone here watches Antiques Roadshow and thinks their junk is worth a fortune. lol

I look forward to seeing your creations in the future. Happy junking!!
    -Sprout

• loribee2
    13 years ago

I know, isn't this a great forum? And everyone here is really NICE!! (There are a couple forums where people get snarky, and I think, "Okaaay, I'm going back to Garden Junk where all the friendly people hang." LOL)

There's so many creative minds here. Between the posts and their links to their blogs, I could spend all day just checking everything out. Wish I had the time! Lots of talent and inspiration.

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I'm so glad to see another Addict --- I mean member ! LOL
    It's amazing how you look at things differently after visiting here. You'll love the people here . Everyone happily shares their tips and tricks & helps each other out. ( Something VERY rare on the internet ) Can't wait to see your creations !

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hi ncamy. Don't forget to check our GJ Inspiration Albums for ideas too. We've got around 1000 photos now I think.

I'm glad you found us.
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Albums

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good luck with your new home, ncamy ...ahhh, that means new yard, new gardens & of course, new (old) GJ! Sounds like you have plenty to start with...lookin' forward to seein' pics in the future. Open a free Photobucket acct if you don't have something already. A new home & downsizing...sounds wonderful! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Welcome to an awesome forum, ncamy! It looks like you are off to a great start in garden junkin'. I look forward to seeing your creations. And please check out the Garden Junk Inspiration Albums that Karen aka purplemoon has so graciously put together for us. I go there periodically and drool. lol Don't forget to check out the "Conversations" side of this forum too. That's where we go to chit chat about things unrelated to Garden Junk. If you go back to the main page of Garden Junk, look to the right of "On-Topic Discussions" and you'll see a link to "Conversations." I hope we see more of you and your creations!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Welcome aboard! We love junkers & sounds like you have some great junk to work with!! Might go to library & check an antique book before you turn it into a totem. Some early glass is worth a lot. You was take pics & post them on the "Antiques forum" & they will tell you also. Will be fun to reshape the yards of your new home!! Pics of before & after would be great! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

So glad to have you join us! We look forward to seeing your creations as well...we love pictures..they inspire all of us to create new things!