Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonergirl1968

Garage Sale Treasures!!

soonergirl1968
13 years ago

I cannot believe how much time I've spent at garage sales and thrift stores since finding this forum!! Anyway, I spent $14 this morning and got some really cool stuff - just thought I'd share. The tiles are for a mosaic I'm planning on starting soon. The table was $1 and I figure it would look great with a mosaic on top. I'm going to cast a concrete column and sphere to hold an antique weather vane which I'll mount on the concrete base. The metal "thing" well... I have no idea what it is but I liked it. Any ideas for it?

{{gwi:150929}}

{{gwi:150930}}

Now, for my next trick I will attempt to imbed pictures in this post. However, I'm obviously a moron because I can never figure out how to do it so you'll probably have to click the link. I'm sorry... (I really need to figure that out!! lol )

Here is a link that might be useful: Junk

Comments (18)

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

Love it all but I am INLOVE with the metal thingy. Do you think it use to hold glass cups for tea lights?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

You did good!

The metal thing could hold small pots with succulents, strings of glass beads, or teacup feeders.

After being inspired here I went off to Goodwill to get some stuff and came home with almost nothing because the prices were too high. I'm going to have to try garage sales next.

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Great job of bargain hunting! Could you use the metal thing as a bottle tree? I think it would look cool with blue bottles turned upside down in the circles.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love the metal thing too. Bottle tree and tea lites are both good ideas. What if you cut the bottom off some blue bottles and put them in neck first then put tea lights in them? Me I'd use it as a hollyhock stake. But it was meant for better use than that.
    Good finds!
    Kathy

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Wow, you sure got your $14.00 worth. Like everybody I love the metal thingy. Maybe solar lights? I'm also loving all that blue pottery, very nice.
    Frou

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW! Veeery Niiice! You did good girlie!!! Love it all!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    13 years ago

the metal thing is a votive candle holder but could be used for saucers of citronella for outside, or easter eggs, or bird feeders with cups in it, or just sitting on that soon to be mosaiced table. it'd fit fine on that ...

that yard is awesome~are there acres out beyond?
    beautiful...

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You found some great stuff, but the metal piece is absolutely fantastic.
    As is that beautiful green yard in the background.
    WOW!

hugs, Karen

• soonergirl1968
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!! The metal thing caught my eye, too! Tea lights, bottle tree, bird feeders, succulents, solar lights... hmmmm... so many options! I tried to put little clay pots in the holders but they're too small. I'm going to try some of your other suggestions.

Red Oak Deer - I don't know about your area, but our Goodwill is the most expensive thrift store in town! It's really crazy - I mean they get the stuff for FREE!

Strawberry goat - I actually only have about 3/4 acre BUT it's right smack dab in the middle of the city :)

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Metal thingy beautiful, I agree candle holder, or you could turn it upside down and hang from tree, center of garden room or sunshade and have a candle chandelier. On its own a great piece of garden art.

Betty

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW $14 well spent! Metal thing=y!...absolutely, the fav!
    Like Betty (above) said, "On it's own a great piece of garden art."

Should be a great garden table for ya, too! Love the pots!

I'm still working on a blue bottle project...picking up odds & ends to try for the look I want...not much success yet. TFS, sooner, & YEAH, you got the pics in the post! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Lots of great finds! Love the metal thing, the table and all of your pots....can't wait to see your final projects!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I really like your $1 table! Be sure to post a picture of it after you have mosaiced the top. Like everyone else, I like the metal thingy too. I could see it with little blue bottles sitting upside down in the holders. You got a nice selection of pots too. Great buys!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great table top mosaic & nice pots! I would just paint that metal thing some wild color & put it in the yard!! Could dangle some beaded wires for an interesting wind chime! Like that cement thing on the ground too whatever it is! Jan

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Yep. Goodwill is pretty much off the list. I found similar stuff cheaper at Michael's. I'm compiling a list of church and community thrift stores and will start watching for garage sales. If the stuff isn't priced right it takes the fun out of it.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

Love that metal thingy,i'd just plop it in the garden as is.You got some good stuff there.
    Kathi

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

Look at all the goodies! You'll enjoy mosaic-ing :D
    kudzu

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Great stuff for only $14 Sooner. I find great stuff at the Thrift Town thrift stores here around Fort Worth. There are three of them that I like to go to, Richland Hills, Fort Worth and Arlington. I still shop GW and SA because every now and then I find something really cool at a good price. But I hardly ever get to garage sales, except this weekend - I held one - had a ball, glad it's over. Shopping at them is sure a lot more fun than having one.
    I LOVE metal stuff-can't wait to see what you do with your new...uh, thing. Cheryl