Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spedigrees

Some of my Junk Gardens

spedigrees z4VT
13 years ago

I decided to post some recent photo of a couple of my junk gar*dens. The first is my stump gar*den. We had to have our ancient quaking aspen tr*ee cut down last sum*mer, and after hau*ling most of the wood over to our firepit, I arranged a half dozen trunk chunks in a circle around the sawed off trunk of the old tr*ee (which still serves as a light pole for our colored floodlights.) They looked like stools for gnomes or hobbits.

This past spring I bought a flowering crabapple for the corner of the yard and I moved the sections of old tr*ee trunk to encircle the sapling and protect it from being nibbled by the pony or peed on by the dogs. I decided to brighten up my stump barricade with flowerpots which are two paint mixing buckets, one container that a horse supplement came in, and a giant coffee cup that I found at a craft store. The little tr*ee looks rather sorry in the pic but it was still adjusting to being transplanted, and looks a lot heal*thier now that it has leafed out. It's loving all the rain we're having.

{{gwi:150985}}

{{gwi:150986}}

Below are 3 of my junk gar*dens with the rotary hoe (wheel thingie) on the far right, closest gar*den.

{{gwi:150987}}

And here (below) is one of my vintage aluminum kiddie ride horses with lupine and irises in bloom (blooms are early this year.)

{{gwi:150988}}

Thanks for looking.

Comments (6)

Sponsored