Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First attempt at a fairy garden

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 15:27

Well, after drooling over many of your fairy gardens, I decided to try one myself. I used an old wheelbarrow (an idea I "borrowed" from another GJer), then dug up some moss, ferns and wild ginger from my yard and planted it all. The little fairy house and some of the fairies and accessories came from Purplemoon last fall when she decided to downsize her fairy gardens. Thanks Karen!

Fairy garden

Fairy Garden closeup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First attempt at a fairy garden

Cute Marlene! The little pond and woodland critters are a nice touch. Also the old wheelbarrow that the garden is arranged on is great. It looks as if the fairies moved in and built their homestead atop old ruins of a previous civilization.

o

My goodness...those lucky fairies live in a "bountiful" homestead! I love the blue glass gems for the pond ... & your choice of plants...of course, the wheelbarrow foundation is awesome! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Aah, that is just adorable! Love it!

o

I, too, love the glass beads to make the water. So pretty. I just saw a pic on the internet that was titled "jewelry box garden" and it had this kind of concept with plants within. I attached the picture of it so you can see what I was reminded of when I saw your cute little fairy garden. So pretty! Great idea!

Jewelry Box Garden

o

You've outdone yourself Marlene ! If I had faries - they'd want to leave here and move in your garden !!! LOL

o

OMGosh, Marlene...what a gorgeous Fairy Garden!!! I love the wheelbarrow idea, and your design is just WONDERFUL.
I'm so glad to have 'helped' a bit. LOL. I think those things are much happier with your garden than they were with mine. LOL.
The colorful Fairy House is perfect for you!

Wish I was a Fairy, I'd be flying there right now to settle into my new home.
hugs, Karen

o

Very sweet & lots of inhabitants to make it a fun village!!Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here