Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairy Garden

Posted by imjustsam 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 15:31

I think I am just about finished with my fairy garden. The umbrellas are made from my variation of the mushroom with knives for the base, I covered the ground in moss, made the path out of plywood and gems, the miniature vases and clock are from my secret santa this year, a few assorted plants from the garden, coconut house, and a broken mushroom in the back for decoration. I really enjoyed putting this one together, although I am sure it will continue to evolve.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairy Garden

If you build it, they will come!

Love the it all... the walkway is my fave!

o

Sweet. How do you make those cute unbrella mushrooms?
Kathy

o

What a really wonderful fairy garden. I love it, and so will the fairies. You did a fantastic job of designing it.
Dollar Tree has neat fairies if you want to add any.

I was looking at ALL your mushrooms in your album. WOW. How did you make those neat tops?

hugs, Karen

o

I am pretty sure it was Jeannespines that started me on the mushrooms. I used several different size bowls for the tops, just wrapped them in an old disposable vinyl tablecloth(those thin ones you get in a roll, I saved some from a party). Add sakrete and insert the dull end of the piece of silverware, it will harden right up in the mix. You can also add the empty toilet paper roll into the mix and fill with the sakrete. This way it is all one piece. I also put in some kind of support into the roll like a piece of coat hanger of plastic stick. They seem to stand up better that way.

o

Cute fairy garden! Is it in a wheelbarrow? If so, I really like that idea! Your mushrooms are great...and looks like some cute goodies for fairies....

...but I beg to differ with darknox, "if you build it, they will come." LOL! That's here in Iowa ..."Field of Dreams!" But maybe the fairies come from out of the cornfields! LOL! TFS, imjustsam! Jeanne S.

o

I LOVE IT!!!!!!, that is way too cute. Is that moss you used as a ground cover? If so excellent idea.

I've been trying to get fairies in my gardens forever, I looked up what kind of plants they like and planted them in an area they should have liked, but so far all I get are gnomes. Maybe if I stole your idea and planted fairy plants in it as well, then maybe I can finally get fairies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here