Recycled satellite dish

Posted by gmadeb (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 15:49

This is the gazebo that my ex sil and I built
back yard

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycled satellite dish

That is just so fantastic. Great recycle. I would have kept that sister-in-law. LOL

o

That's wonderful. I wonder...could she marry someone in my family? I'd like her to be my SIL too. ;)

o

Great looking gazebo and a great save for the satellite dish.

o

Great save & great recycling! And a very "heavy-duty" piece of GJ (art)! TFS! Jeanne S.

o
RE: Recycled satellite dish sil

Sorry that is son-in -law!(you wouldn't want him)lol I do love the gazebo though! I also had the idea to use a fiberglass dish to make a pond so I got one from someone but it never got made! (Added to my junk collection though)

o

That is an innovative way to use your old satellite dish. If not for the subject line I'd have never identified the roof of your pretty gazebo as being an old dish antennae. That is a great creation (even if the sil turned out to be not so great.)

o

Looks great & looks like it is full of plants! So when are you going to get the pond done out of smaller one- oh, maybe next post!! Jan

o

I have one lying in my back yard.....
It's mesh tho, instead of solid. I planned a
gazebo. Have some round porch posts, and some flat
iron porch posts. The metal base was made into a
bird feeder with a metal flashing cover.
Since Bill died, I have trouble finding some one
to help me without paying for help.

o

I have been wanting a satelite dish for a long time....wish I could find one! That is awsome!

o

This is a mesh dish that I got from a friend. The other dish is is probably 10 foot across and I don't think it will be made(unable to care for it).

o

gmadeb, are the mesh panels painted? Are there 7 posts holding it up? I have one that's black and really want to get that project going. Some of the mesh screens have been stepped on my the cows, and I'm missing I think 1, but I should be able to find something to make it work. Thanks for sharing. It looks great

o

Yes it is painted brown but the paint is coming off. It is about 8 years old.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here