Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lacy tree!

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 15:52

Well, I've seen the guerrilla knitting of trees, signs, benches etc, and thought that was pretty cool, but not something I was going to do. But after seeing what this lady has done with her tree, I'm thinking, how lovely this would be.......

try this link also another couple trees:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/woolly_fabulous/sets/72157622580749702/

Here is a link that might be useful: lacy tree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lacy tree!

Wow! What patience she must have LOL I wouldn't think it would last very long, do you?

o

WOW .... she got it up there pretty far ,too ! It looks cool ! Like all our garden junk - it always looks good new. A few months into it ... it might look shabby & dirty. *sigh*

o

Now that is unusual!

o

That looks like a lot of work! Very pretty though. It would be cool to do something like that with paint and stencils too. It would probably retain its looks longer too.

o

What an unusual idea.

You're right Luna, might be longer lasting than the real lace. I saw on a decor show years ago, they took lace doilies...the paper kind...and taped them to the wall then just painted over them. When doilies removed, the pattern looked so pretty. Cheapy stencil idea.

Karen

o

Love your work! Very cool! How do you attach the lace??

o

that would look pretty at Christmas time with white lights.

o

wow.. what happens when the tree trunk expands.. such lovely work

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here