Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kweenofkings

Improvised windmill

kweenofkings
15 years ago

Here is my turbine vent beanpole. My husband built the frame and I painted it. It gets going pretty fast when the wind blows!

{{gwi:151394}}

Comments (12)

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Oh, my, my!!! I love that!! What a beautiful garden! What have you harvested lately? we just picked our first okra last night and we had some of our fried zuchinni for dinner, yum-yum!! I love that color that you painted it, what is the name of it? Neat idea to add the chimes, really cool project, kweenie, Im from Sapulpa, where you be?? blessings-sherri

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Wow, that's awesome. Love the color.

Sal

• slr8
    15 years ago

Very unique. I absolutely love this forum. I have a small yard and this forum makes me want to move to the country!!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!! Love it! And is that a rusty red? That's the color I'm using to build structures on my house! And I think I see a windchime dangling too..cool!!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

LOVE IT! And does those marigolds kept the little "bunnies" out of your green beans???

I surrounded my bean pole with that black plastic fence (cause I hate to fence in my gardens) ... and those little buggers just work their little bodies right under it! Beans are all eaten...must replant...think I'll try your marigolds!

Love the ideas you've pictured here! Thanks! Jeanne S.

• cait1
    15 years ago

That is GREAT! Does the windchime underneath go bonkers when the turnine turns? That's a really cool addition.

I can't help looking at your corn. WOWEEEE!!! I can never get my corn to grow over a foot high - needless to say I'm about to give up on trying to grow corn. But wait, I know it's totally OT but PLEASE can I get just a little hint on how you grow your corn? I'll try one more time if you can share just a bit of your secret. Water everyday? Lot's of compost and fertilizer? What's the secret?

• virgogirl67
    15 years ago

Kween...what a cool idea! The color is just perfect! Is that a "bed bench" in your other photos? That turned out great too! What great junkers we have around here! I get inspired everyday around here!

Cait...I don't know how this will work for you in Australia, but try planting beans in with your corn. Beans are a great companion plant for corn cause the beans give the corn extra nitrogen that it likes. It works well for "space saving" gardening as well cause the beans climb up the corn stalks. Maybe it will work for ya.

B :)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Oh WOW.....gotta save this one for our Album for sure.
    Need to get busy tomorrow and upload some of the lastest treasures from the last few days.

hugs, Karen

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

So pretty! Love the idea, and the color. I like the turbine on to pof our house, would be nice to have one closer by to watch.
    kathy

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!! That color is awsome. Someone had painted one mulitcolors a couple of years ago I don't think that one spun though.... I WANT ONE!!

• kweenofkings
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments! I painted it red first and wasn't happy with it so I sprayed over it with hammered copper paint and I love it now. If anyone has any other ideas for turbine vents I would love to hear them. My husband is a roofer so I have quite a few laying around! As for the corn, no secret. I really haven't done anything, just planted, watered, and watched it grow. Just lucky I guess!

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

Calamity you have a good eye! kweenofkings, you have a good brain. What a clever idea and thanks for sharing.