Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first photos of my first plate flowers!

Posted by jwahlton 9B Kisimee (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 16:04

I've got more to take photo's of, but these are the belated Mother's Day gifts.

My Mother-In-Law loves anything with hearts. I found these at GW and made the clay center that say's MOM

Photobucket

This is the other one I will send her. I love the colors together

Photobucket

I found this cool beaded lightshade and it looks beautiful on these clear plates

Photobucket

And the last is just pretty I think

Photobucket

I painted the conduits green and bought that thick green covered clothes line to use as leaves.

I'm going to do a craft show in November so I'll be making lots more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first photos of my first plate flowers!

Your plate flowers are really pretty. I like them. Good Luck on your craft show.
Marylee

o

Good job! They look great...the last one even reminds me of an ice cream Sundae! Love the heart shaped plate!

o

Your plate flowers look great! I'm having trouble getting my pvc elbow to stayed glued to glass on the back so I can attach pvc pipe. (Bond 527 didn't work). What glue did you use? I am trying Lexel but it takes 30 days to cure. What did you use on the back to attach to conduit?

o

Thanks. I used the flatened spoon trick. I used that clear glass/window silicone that everyone posts about.

o

Thank you! I've been reading here about GE II, but I wasn't sure. Thanks again!

o

Very nice!! Love your butterflies on the 2 plates! Have fun making more plate flowers!! Jan

o

They are lovely I would like to see one with leaves too. Good luck with your show. Besure to keep us posted.

Kim, fyi: The pvc pipes that I attached the garden signs that I made for a local shelter held up pretty well except where they got snowplowed. I used automotive goop on them. I posted the tutorial from my blog below. Scroll down through part 2 to part 1 where I talk about attaching the pipe fittings. I also use automotive goop for the spoons when I make plate flowers, for glass to glassI use ge silicone ii clear.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant label signs.

o

Thanks everyone. Those butterflies are plastic that came on picks at Michaels. Something like 8 for $1.

o

Very, very pretty, I'm sure you'll sell lots. The butterflies are a nice touch.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here